Tired of Southern Indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by flathead20000, May 19, 2006.

1. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    I live in Delphi Indiana, Please does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can fish a lake with public access besides Freeman and Shaffer, that has GOOD catfishing. I have a boat and am willing to try anywhere within an hour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Flathead

2. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I can't think of the name at the moment. It's in Culver. Easy drive up north from you. It's a very deep lake in the middle, and lots of shad to use for bait. The edges are really shallow with big rocks, so use caution or you tear up your lower unit. Let me know if you need more info. I haven't fished it much but know others that do.

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Rick, for true quality catfish why not fish the Ohio River. Vern

4. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    looked up distances of lakes i fish from delphi. mississinewa lake/river is 37 miles and salaimonie lake/river is 64 miles. lots of good fishing. i live in alexandria and both places are around 50 miles to lakes. i fish salaimonie the most, and fish mississinewa river, up my way. hope i helped, good luck.

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    flathead, you should checkout mississinewa if you want public access. Unlike shaffer and freeman,not a house on the lake. But I realy think you should be on the wabash.