Tire Help! Question?

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by TOPS, Oct 1, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    An acquaintance of mine told me that the tire size P215/75R15-100s are gonna be obsolete, Is this true

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Top you sure you read that right. I think those came out with 235x75x15 inch

OBTW top PM me your mailing address I have something to send you.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    correct size P215/75R15-100S

4. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    unfortunatly for all of us that still run older equipment the entire 15 inch rim tire size is obselete,and tire manufactures are stopping production,except for a couple of them,those we can expect to pay out the butt for in a couple years. All the new vehicles have a larger rim size and shorter tires to add stability. Nothing has been manufactured for alot of years with a 15 inch rim size from the factory,and alot of those cars/trucks are no longer on the road.

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    if you are going to keep the truck and have the money id pick up a couple sets of them asap, when the supply get low the prices will go sky high

6. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    it cost me a lil bit tops but on my ol 82 chevy i had the rear end rebuilt and the tranny now i have 34x10.50x17 super swampers on in. the 17 inch wheel dident hurt a thing and it runs great. i had posi put in the rear end and a gear change. its only got 1 2 and drive. a lil money throwed out and it will be the same as buyn a 15 in the near future. but money well spent.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Try to find some (take off) wheels & tires off a newer truck .:wink:

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    top, check out tirerack.com i saw them on there as cheap as $56 each for firestone winterguard tires.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It would be cheaper in the long run to update to some cheap 16, 17, or 18" rims, you will be able to get your stock diameter tires in these rim sizes and you will notice no difference, other than new snazzy lookin aluminum rims.

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    They're obsoliting the 35X12.50/16.5's on my truck too.!!!!!!!!!!!.....Pretty soon NO MORE 16.5s:angry:

11. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    great...what size tire am i supposed to put on a 2wd s10? I can only go up to 225/75/15...anything bigger rubs. I also dont see any mfg making a 16" tire to fit it either, so new rims are out!

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes they do, within minuts I found several 16, 17 , and 18" rims for 2wd S-10's from one manufacturer, and there are alot out there.

13. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    upgrade to some dubs with lo pro tires homie. Go to pep boys they got all sorts of crap

14. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    tops, my bro in law owns a tire shop how many you want lol he says yeah they might do away with that size but he can still get them and has them in stock now