Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll.....I joined the site a couple weeks ago, but have just now had the chance to post anything. So......hello to everyone, and can ya help me out. My cousin and I have been doin some bankfishing with small shiners and nightcrawlers and havent caught many fish lately...or if we do they are all just small pound or two cats.....any hints on what theyre hitting good or are they still biting slow? Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Hey ya'll.....I joined the site a couple weeks ago, but have just now had the chance to post anything. So......hello to everyone, and can ya help me out. My cousin and I have been doin some bankfishing with small shiners and nightcrawlers and havent caught many fish lately...or if we do they are all just small pound or two cats.....any hints on what theyre hitting good or are they still biting slow? Thanks for any info...
Sooer or later someone will answer your question but first we will Welcome you to death, LOL

-Jim-

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome to the BOC Jeremy!
Remember bigger bait, bigger fish usually.
Where abouts you located? What water you fishing?
Cut Bait, Liver, Shat Guts, Worms, (something fresh, smelly, and bloody always good).

·
Registered
27 Posts
It all kinda depends on what kind of cats your going after. I am a bank fisher to and i tend to have more luck on the river systems then i do on the lakes. but when the cats start spawning i have a lot of luck on the lakes. Catfish start there spawn when the water gets around 70+ deg. I had the most luck with spawning cats around shallow rock beds. And for bait i use live blue gills, brim or Minnows for the flat heads. Skip jack i have found thanks to BOC is the best all round bait. You can get tuns of skip jack from under the dams when there running water. for skip jack try using a small jig head with a white grub on it. i use a small pan fish rod and real with 6 pound test line for that ( makes it funner:smile2:. if you need to know if a dam where you live is running water use this link http://tva.com/river/lakeinfo/index.htm. Also go thru the boc forum history, there is so much you can learn from boc. they have help me big time when it comes to catfishing.

i hope this helps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.