Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am so excited about getting to join the USCA
I am going to take my wife and little girl down to Monticello tomorrow. I have never fished this lake before. I was wondering if anyone had any advice that would be great!!

· Registered
331 Posts
if you want to catch lots of channel cats.take 1/0 hooks ,the small marsh mellows and dip them in dip bait.put cooking oil in the dip bait to get it thin.most of the channel cats are 2 to 5 lbs.use a carolina rig with two marsh mellows on the hook.let me know how u did. you should really load up.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you want to catch lots of channel cats.take 1/0 hooks ,the small marsh mellows and dip them in dip bait.put cooking oil in the dip bait to get it thin.most of the channel cats are 2 to 5 lbs.use a carolina rig with two marsh mellows on the hook.let me know how u did. you should really load up.

Thanks, should i be anckered, and how deep of water should i look for?

· Registered
120 Posts
We fish there weekly, but here latley its been hit or miss. I think most cats there are close to spawning so look to anchor in shallow water near drop offs. cut shad and herring works great as well as white perch. There are some really nice fish there so you always have a chance of catching a nice one. Water levels change often so when you launch and trailor your boat be mindful of the landings, they are kinda rough. hope you have a great time. Be safe.

· Registered
889 Posts
We fish there weekly, but here latley its been hit or miss. I think most cats there are close to spawning so look to anchor in shallow water near drop offs. cut shad and herring works great as well as white perch. There are some really nice fish there so you always have a chance of catching a nice one. Water levels change often so when you launch and trailor your boat be mindful of the landings, they are kinda rough. hope you have a great time. Be safe.
No more boc until you finish my carpet in the boat....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.