Tips on Congaree Catfishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Fisher14, May 16, 2006.

1. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    We're camping this coming weekend somewhere on the Congaree, and I was just wondering if anyone had any good Congaree tips that you could share. For example, what kind of bait is best used on the Congaree, do the fish hang out in the sharp bends where the water is deeper, etc. Those kind of questions are the ones I'm interested in. I hope you guys can help me out a little. Many thanks in advance. Oh, by the way, I'm new to the site, so I look forward to sharing stories and info with you guys for some time to come.

Regards,
    Casey

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Shad, white perch, herring, or bream in other words whatever you can get a hold of.The only areas I've fished there is below hwy 601 bridge I'm not positive on that road number but theres some deep holes below there in the bends and where the wateree runs in to the congeree.When you hang one get him up as quick as you can because snaggs are everywhere.

3. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for that information chrisblue. We hope to fair well this weekend. I'll let you guys know how the trip turns out!

4. marshmellow man

marshmellow man New Member

State:
    sc
    we have done good on eating size fish on dip baits have never really fished for the big fish but im sure the are their