Tips on catching blues and flathead catfish!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dylan543, Jul 2, 2007.

1. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tomorrow me and my dad are going fishing at the auglaize river.I have never caughten a flat head in my life.I have caught some 2 pound 1 pounder blues nothing though.I do hope to try live bait tomorrow and cut bait also for those channels.But will those two things work for like 10 pound 20 pound blues?Please give me tips.And do u think they would bite during the day tomorrow or not they might im thinking since it was pretty cool today so please give me tips.Also do u guys think the doughballs i have in my frige would work? I have two bags on corn meal in dough balls in syrip and then wheat bread in dough balls in syrip and then just reagular doughballs do u think that would pull in some big carp and maybe cats? Tips and help very much appreciated:big_smile:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    unless your set up for realy big fish i would go with 3 to 6 inch brem,if legal in your state,for the flatheads and cut them into chunks 1 inch wide by 2 inches long for big channels.you mite even catch a flathead on cut bait if your lucky.

3. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks dood but i don't think im ready i only got 25 pound test on the onefishing pole and 20 pound test on the other one.ill just go out and see what happens i am getting a big fishing pole that can hold up to about 45 pound test.Thanks for the tips.
    :big_smile: