tips for paylakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Countrypunk92, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    hey guys. anyone know any kewl rigs for cattn?
    and any way to make homemade baits?
    or just any other tips for paylakes?

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If I was going to fish in a paylake that had some good sized catfish or some Flatheads......I would put live perch on a float and fish that way. If all they have is channelcats or small ones .....chicken livers is good bait.:big_smile:

3. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    my avatar is a channel i caught from one.
    chicken liver haha.
    there is gills n crappie there. ill just fish for some then cast out some of them. cuz all i got with me right now is cut gills and shad, chicken liver stinkbait,cheese balls, and soap.
    pretty much it right now.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It seems to me that most of the larger fish are caught on live bait. That is about all I use any more.:cool2:

5. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    well if ive done that. and id let it sit there.
    then id have to do sumthing, and turn my back for a second and i had a bite, and the fish never came back.
    i remember last week i was using a goldfish after 20 min, nothing happend and reeled it in, the tail fin was completley gone. i threw it back and had a big bite, but he got off.

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a friend who has a catfish pond and I never have any luck with bream.Goldfish are hit and miss...Sometimes I go down to the creek and get some of those minnows and they work ok..But the best thing that I've used is cut-up skipjack..The big-uns like the heads and the small ones like the guts...And also during the summer you want to use a cork in a pond cause the water will stratify and the fish will be no where near the bottom..

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Exactly what I was going to say!!! The bigger the better also!!!:wink::cool2:

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Live bait is the way to go!

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Get there early, go when they stock and watch where they hit the most.
    Take at least 3-4 kinds of bait. Live bluegill, filleted bluegill, worms, liver etc.... I havent been in years but Ive been wanting to try out a patesternator rig at one, especially those with a 2 pole limit. Hope I spelled that right but I doubt it. That rig you can have multiple hooks with your bait on the bottom.