Tippicanoe River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Tip123Q, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Planning on going down to the Tippicanoe River this weekend with my cousin, Just wondering if anyones been having any luck down there and if so whats kind of bait are they hitting

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats a long river bro. ,what part are you fishing,north or south?

3. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im gonna be up in Rochester, IN so that would make it the....um lol would u kno?

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yeah that would be in the upper portion. i never fished it around there sorry. i bet the smallies are good up that way. hey,whats with that lake manitu anyhow? i been past there and wondered if anything lived in it.

good luck over there rochester: tim

5. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I havent really fished in the lake that much but i did catch one using liver, in fact Ive caught a weird looking channel in there before its was a Calico color: brown, black, and some white it was very cool looking.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    be sure to post a fishing report for us bro. also take some gills for the flatheads and big channels.

good luck to ya!

7. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It turns out I couldent be at tippy for the whole weekend but on friday night I caught the biggest dog fish ive ever seen on a cut bass minnow then around 11:00 I caught a 25 in channel off of some liver...after that we had nothing but the river was really low where we were at ( somewhere in warsaw sorry im not big with directions and stuff so i cant say where exatly I was) That was pretty much all for the night not much fish but man it was nice out there real relaxing.

8. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Okay, now I am very curious...... My Papa grew up on the Tippacanoe (sp?)
    river in Winamac, anybody from thereabouts?
    ANd if you are planning a trip to that river, in that general vicinity, get directions to "russel's riffles" from any local service station. Great for smallies. FYI :wink:

9. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I use to squirrel & deer hunt in winamac and my buddy has a farm there with 3 cabins right on the tippicanoe river. I`ve never fished it but have floated down the river on a tube many times. Great times, good luck fishing.

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana

Jeff,does he rent the cabins? if so it mite be a good place for a northern gathering!