tippecanoe shape?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by jross1901, Jul 26, 2008.

1. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    thinking about heading over to tippecanoe near monticello,

can anyone tell me if the rivers in good shape.

thanks

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Everything in that area should be well within it's banks, I know all the waterways nearest Lafayette are, Monticello should be no different. Been awhile since we've had much rain, things might be a little low.

3. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    The ramp below Oakdale has filled in. If you put in there be prepared to back a long way into the river.

4. lake2river

lake2river New Member

State:
    Patriot, Indiana
    ...I keep in touch with friends up in Winamac and near Leiters Ford on a regular basis. After all, the Tippy is where my heart is even if I'm on the big Ohio now!

Am going downriver over the Labor Day weekend from Tipp. River S.P. to Winamac and maybe from Monterrey to the S.P also.

As of this evening the Tippy between Ind. 110 and Monterrey is at its low late-summer levels, so jonboats will find a long trip downriver a little difficult.

Channels and flats have been hitting off shrimp, crawlers, livers, and stinkbait. Haven't been told of as much luck with live frogs lately (the bait of choice for the last two summers). More hits are coming from towards banks than from the deep holes near logjams over the last few weeks, but the bigguns (8-12 lbs) are still only caught from the big holes.

Labor Day weekend usually brings out a lot of canoeists and floaters, and there's usually a lot of campers and riverrats on the banks all night.

5. chickenlivers

chickenlivers New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I plan on going there tomorrow even though it's supposed to rain. I'll post a update tomorrow and let you know how the river looks and what I caught.

6. chickenlivers

chickenlivers New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went there yesterday and the river was pretty low but after an hour or two of rain it started to rise pretty fast. We fished about 4 hours with crawfish and nightcrawlers but didn't have much luck. We fished the area just below the oakdale dam.

(No chicken livers were harmed in the posting of this message)