Tippecanoe river

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by dusty1529, Jun 24, 2009.

1. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    Has anyone ever fished for flatties on the tippy in or around Pulaski County? I fish this all the time with good results but rarely ever see anyone else catfishing this area. Just Wondering?

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nope! Never fished up there for cats. A buddy of mine lives in Winimac & gres up fishing for smallmouth with his dad...quess its loaded with nice smallies...which I'm sure you already know. I bet those smallies slide down a flathead's throat real smooth!

3. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    I bet!!! We do have some really nice smallie fishing. I have caught a few that would go almost 5lbs this year, and am headed out now to try my luck again! We also have some good flathead fishing if you can find them but nobody I know of targets flats this far north on the tippy. Except me!!!!

4. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well now you know someone. I'll be down there next week sometime if not tomorrow night to see what I can figure out. Going up to Benton Harbor tonight where the big ones are ;)

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well we need to get out sometime and find them! I'm down here in North Manchester so its not that far...plus it would give me an excuse to stop in & see my friend

6. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, I only got one, a 15 pounder. Not bad but there should have been more there. The high water is messing me up. Guess that means the Tippy river is next, maybe Friday night ;)

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does that river have a boat launch by Winamac???? Is the river deep enough to run a boat in??

8. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey I would keep that a secret brother, if I were you!!!--LOL--

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats what i was thinking too!

10. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    Yes there are five public access points whithin ten miles of Winamac. It takes a small boat. I have a 1448 flat bottom that works great! I have to get out in a few spots but for the most part its deep enough.;

11. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    Did I say 5lbs I meant 5ounces!!!! LOL This river gets pounded anyway so I will say its a great river but I will never give up my spots unless ur in the boat with me!!!!

12. zukey197

zukey197 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fished up by Buffalo last tues-fri and caught nothing but turtles and a bad attitude.

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I guess my 1960 Roughneck with it's 90 hp Merc is too big,,,,I need 4-6 inches to float,, otherwise it's dragging 1200 pounds or so.

14. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    I have never fished that far south on the Tippy. I have a few friends that like to fish around Buffalo but they arent doing verry good either.

15. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    Id say that your boat would be a little big for the Tippy. This time of the year the water gets low and there are a lot of big rocks and shallow sand bars. I cant even run my 9.9 Merc through most of it.