Tinks 69 Doe-in-rut Buck Lure

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by VerotiK, Oct 21, 2005.

1. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I have a friend who swears by this stuff. He says he doesn't go in the woods without it. I haven't had much luck with doe-in-heat scents, but when i was at walmart a few minutes ago, i decided i'd give it a try. I bought the 1oz bottle and some of the scent-bomb containers, which i really like. I might try it tomorrow, even though it's not rut time yet. Its the last weekend of muzzleloader season, so its worth a shot i guess. Anyone had any experiences with the stuff?

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Yep and I have not had much luck with it at all, as a matter of fact I did not buy any this year and don't think I ever will again.

3. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Man I have bought a truck load of that stuff over the years. Does it work aaaaaaaa Yes If a buck happens upon it before it evaporates will a buck follow it on a drag rag sure if he is going that way. Try if maybe you will have better luck but remember what it is designed for to make a buck stop that is it. It is supposed to give you enough time to get a shot on a buck. Personally I think it scares more deer away than bring them to you. Waste of money in my book now I say that after I spent well over you don't want to know trying to get an advantage. I talked to an old hunter one time and he laughed and said boy don't you know its better not to do anything and just be quite and things happen naturally.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    there is a new stuff on the market that is a foam last for 3 to 4 hours i saw it at a show i was at . I will go back and see if i can find something one it watch my site i will posted it there a.s.a.p

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive taken a couple of bucks with it but I wouldnt swear by it. If im using any scent I like to put it in a kinda out of the way spot where deer dont normally come from. That way I can kinda tell if its just walking by naturally or if its following scent. This year Im trying Tinks 69 gel and trails end 307. I got em last year on clearance for a buck a piece. I also use the scent bombs. Talking about scaring deer with scents, one year I was just using cotton balls and dropped them on the ground. I only seen one doe that day but it stomped on my scent a few times and snorted before i shot her. I dont know if she was scared or mad or what.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ok guys i found the flyer on the foam scents if you send me and email will send it to you . Also i will make a call and see if i can get some at a good price for BOC members.

7. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    there was another thread on this site that someone was talking about the tinks 69 and mixxing a little alcohol free vanilla with it and swears that it works great i gave it a shot on one hunt and didn't see a difference but that was only one time.... did anyone else read the same thread and which one was it????

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I'm like Chuck. I used that stuff so much it wasn't funny in the early years. Now if I'm gonna use a lure scent it is plain old Doe P, No Estrus. And that's only occasionally if I want to make the does in my area feel like there are more of them around. Does it work? Who knows? It's a confidence lure....my confidence!! LOL I do occasionally use cover scents though. Mostly only in the late season these days though. I only use racoon scent for that as they are much more prevalent in our area. Back when shooting does was not legal here I've had them walk right under my stand and not so much as flinch while using that stuff. But I'm even getting so I don't use that so much either. Something else I don't do is all the scent eliminator stuff. I have a friend that spends literally hundreds of dollars a year on laundry soaps, deoderant, hand soap, even toothpaste. Not to mention all the scent eliminator clothing. I never have done much of that and I see my share of deer. What I do though is store my clothing in boxes with fresh cut cedar chunks in it. And during the season there is some in my closet too. I keep my hunting clothes in my camper all season so that's all that's in there. They smell like the woods that way. Again it's a confidence thing. Mine. LOL It's funny to me, but back when I was a smoker I used to smoke all the time while hunting. Biggest buck I've taken so far was taken with a cigarrette hanging out of my mouth. LOL Though I'm fairly careful about staying clean and all that, I'm not sure it's all that important on any given day.

9. quadman

quadman New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    I like the new synthetic scents from hawgs limited. I used them for the first time last year and had several bucks come in on a string. I even had one monster come in but made a mistake and got busted before he was in range for my bow. The great thing about the synthetics is that they don't break down like amino acid based lures. It smells the same hours later, just gets weaker. Real urine loses the FRESH smell though and really isn't fresh to begin with.

10. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    It works with passed out buddies. Little on the mustache and BAM, kinda like ammonia inhalants. And that is funny, I swear to god it is.

11. jrm11

jrm11 New Member

State:
    Fairmont, W Va.
    for years ive used tinks and like most of you all ive had very little luck>?
    This year i made a drag rag and hung it in a tree sure enough a buck came within 10 ft of the hanging scent and 12 yards in bow range and yes he bit the dust. What makes me confident tinks worked is that there was no deer movement all day and he was the only one i seen all day! he came nose to ground walking straight forward the scent without any stops.

i agree with the guy that said right time right place.

try using tinks with the wind blowing the way the deer usually come in !

deer gotta be down wind to smell it...

12. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have killed only small deer coming to Tinks. How ever, if you are hunting a right of way, it will stop a large buck in his tracks to smell it at least once. I have had more sucess with domant buck lures in scapes or real torusal glands. I have not used lures of any type in a couple of years now tho.

13. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    ive used various scents, to include tinks, with varied results over the years. mostly i use them to get a scrape started or as a cover scent if i think i need one. only once have i had one follow the trail of scent to me.

i used the kotex method,
    why pay for scent wick thingys when most of us here have a wife/girlfriend with a box of tampons under the bathroom sink? tie one to a bootlace for a scent trail or tie to branches for scent bombs and MUCH cheaper.

14. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I never had much luck with those lure scents. I do buy cover scents though.

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bayoubear, If I walked into the woods and saw kotex hanging all over the place, I would be vary vary careful and back my way out. LOL.

I have used tinks many times with no luck. Every year I would buy it. I've had more luck watering the trail myself on way to stand and sitting in my stand smoking than with any scents I have bought from store.

16. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    too funny, the kotex hanging all over the place, brings to mind a surreal image right out of "apocalypse now" haha :)

i water my own scrapes and trails myself too but was going to keep that to myself as i didnt want to start a huge arguement over it, some folks just refuse to believe it really works.

i too have shot deer with a marlboro hanging out of my mouth and covered head to toe in "Off" or similar product. i also dont worry with where i spit my skoal juice. im too cheap to dump out a can of it to see if they will eat it or not but can say the terbakky juice has no effect whatsoever on the corn piles or feeders. (legal here) doesnt bother them in the slightest.

ive a mock scrape i "water" about daily thats only six feet from my busiest corn pile. i can dump out a 50 lb bag on the ground and its all gone the next day. am borrowing a friends deer-cam later this week to tie up next to the mock scrape. will post pix when the time comes but know a lot of it is a big group of yearlings.

17. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Thats a great idea by using kotex, I wonder if they come in camo? LOL

chris

18. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Thanks alot for a mental image I could do without. :eek:

If they came in camo, Chris, you could bet the female Marines would know where to get em

19. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    yeah the kotex work great, i use them all the time thats why i stayed married so i wouldn't have to go out and by them myself...lmao..