Tinboat passed

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jtrew, Nov 13, 2006.

1. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    We just received word from Tinboat's daughter that he has passed away. She is unable to get online because their computer is down; her phone # is 870-934-0523. Another friend and brother gone. The world's a poorer place.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear that... I had the pleasure of meeting him at the National Gathering. Prayers go out to his family...

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Another dear friend, and brother who gave from his heart has passed. Dennis was a true Brother in everyway. I have spent many days talking with Dennis in chat, and met him at the Keystone Gathering. It is truly a very sad day, but as Dale said when he told me, Dennis hurts no more.

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Prayer and condolences go out to his family.

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It is another sad day, but at least he is not suffering

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This is tragic news!!! I had the Pleasure of Meeting Dennis at the National Gathering as well. He will be missed dearly by all that knew him!!!
    Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Rest in Peace, Old Friend!

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    What a loss. Dennis was a very kind, giving man. He will be missed, but I know he is no longer in pain and ill health. For that part I am thankful.
    Prayers sent for his family and friends.
    Rest in peace Dennis.

8. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    It is with a heavy heart that I post this. We have lost another brother. Dennis was at all 4 of the previous Keystone gatherings and therefore, I'd like to make #5 in honor of him. Rest well, my friend.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for Tinboats family.

This is very sad news. Tinboat is what the BOC is all about. The BOC will never be the same. He is a true friend and my heart hurts this morning.

Rest in Peace buddy. You will be missed.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Prayers to the family for thier loss

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think that would be a great idea

12. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    My thoughts and condolences to Dennis's family in this time of sorrow. Dennis was a good friend and I will surely miss his presence. I know that he is now in a better place and free of pain.

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I just spoke with Dennis's Daughter.

They believe he died of a heart attack. He had been having "spells" the past few days which he thought was due to his blood sugar, even though his blood sugar was fine.

They are going to donate his body to science if possible, if not, his body will be cremated. At this time it is so fresh that no deffinate plans have been made but they will probably have a small memorial service for him.

If you would like to send a card, here is the address:

Paulette Barnes
    1819 S. Culberhouse St.
    Jonesboro, Ar 72401

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We also had the pleasure of meeting Tinboat at the National Gathering. Our thoughts and condolences go to his family at this sad time.

15. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Judy and I are just in shock, we loved Dennis very much and he was like a brother to us. We have sat and talked about wood working and other things several times. Our hearts are heavy at this time for his passing and for his family, we will keep them in our prayers. Dennis gave me several blanks to make walking sticks for Judy and me, we will for sure always treasure them even more now.

Thank you Jerry for letting all of us know, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family also.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Well All, I write with a very heavy heart. The B.O.C. has lost a member and I have lost a dear friend and a fishing partner. Tin loved to be around the B.O.C. members. I met Tin for the first time at the Morrillton Gathering back 2002, not sure about the year, but we became very good friends at this time.

Tin you will be missed old buddy, Rest in peace

17. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Sad news indeed. I hope his family can find comfort in knowing the high esteem in which he was held by his B.O.C.family...W

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I met Dennis (TInboat) at the keystone gathering in 2004. It was him and Dafin which was insturmental in me returning in 2005. Will Rogers would have like Tinboat immensley.

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

yes it is......the sun not nearly as bright this morning

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wish I could have had the pleasure of meeting him! May he rest in peace!:cry: