Tims Ford

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by altsolution, Nov 27, 2009.

1. altsolution

altsolution New Member

State:
    TN
    I fish Tims Ford. Anybody got specific locations, seasonal patterns for this lake? Any help appreciated. I've bass fished this highland lake for years with only minimal success. I call it the "dead sea"

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Brad I always put in at devils step and go across and work the rocky banks on the other side of the island all the way down to hurricane creek. I have pretty good luck but I haven't found any trophy cats in there. Right now you can go left out of the ramp and go to the first slew I think. Its right after the island and it will produce some eating size cats.
    If you after trophys then I suggest chick or nicka jack

3. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Thanks for sharing with us bubbacat, I don't fish Tim's dut so many people will not go into that detail thanks for being open.:roll_eyes:

4. festus

festus New Member

I don't know anything about Tim's Ford, but they call Norris Lake the Dead Sea also. As a matter of fact, a bunch of fishermen chipped in and put a big photo on a billboard of a striped bass labeled "Norris, the Dead Sea". They blamed TWRA stocking the stripers on the poor fishing. It's just a very clear deep lake (200+ feet in spots) and the fish are easily spooked. They had a big die off a few years back and hopefully one day it will get back to normal.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Hey it just fish man. I can't catch them and neither is anyone else. Hope you try tims out some day. One of the cleanest lakes I have found.

6. skbrilo

skbrilo Member

State:
    Nashville, TN
    Its been a few years since I fished Tim's. We had a place down there on the Elk River. I miss that place. I had one weekend in late July 2006... off my dock where I caught 2 blues over 30. But overall.. tough lake to fish... you have so so days and really bad days. Same for the bass also.

7. altsolution

altsolution New Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks Willard, look forward to corresponding with you more about Tims.

8. pv2will

pv2will New Member

State:
    ca
    im looking for a place to catch big cats in tullahoma tn im going in march any help would be grate ill be taking my gf and her brother who is in a wheelchair and her elderly grand ma

9. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Welcome to the BOC pv2will, youve found yourself a great bunch of guys here that can get you on some fish.