time

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bronco67, Nov 8, 2005.

1. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    A good ? was posted in nc chat about time and I would like to repeat it . On average how long does a person sit in one spot and wait for a bite 20minb -30mins 1hr 8hrs just want the average for most people because I feel that 30min is plenty while my fishing buddy says be patient if you bait it they will come thanx in advance for the info :D

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Bronco, I fish tournaments through the summer months with my brother and we usually give 'em 30 minutes or so. When I'm fishing for fun, I tend to stay a little longer especially if I know that I'm in a good spot. If you are doing everything right and you don't get a bite in an hour, I would definately move. Good luck, Vern

3. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    30 minutes for me.If I aint got a bite by then I'm gone to another spot.Sometimes I only give it 15 to 20 min.Eventually I'll find em. :cool:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, I'm usually on the bank, and am limited to a small number of spots to fish. But I usually stay for a couple of hours and then move, I always use huge bait so I wait along time anyway usually before the biggun hits ;)

When I get the boat fixed I'll probaly move like 30 minutes or every hour. That's what I read in magazines from the pros. They say move every 30 minutes.

good luck :)

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    depends. if im in a good mood ill sit for a bit but i usually drift. if i run an area twice without any hits ill move up or down the ake for some fresh ground.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Thirty to forty minutes is about the longest time I have been in one place when fishing with a guide.If I have scouted an area and see fish on the structure I set up on, then I will give it a little longer.Normally I drift fish a lot so I am covering new water all the time which is one reason I drift fish a lot.LOL.One rule I have heard repeated often by the guides is 'Never leave fish to find fish"Now that is probably a good theory for a guide who is only in the business of catching fish for his "Current" client.I have moved many times if all I was catching small fish particularly in a tournament situation.I think it best not to set any specific time limits on moving unless you take into account all the factors pertaining to that day.It would also depend on what type of fish.Flats are notorious for just sitting there for hours and all of a sudden turning on.Fishing in a river or the canal at Santee I would give it more time because of the developing scent trail.

7. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    fhanx all for the info I figured 30-45mins was about as long as one would wait but wanted to ask every one else on their opinion. :D

8. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I had the night where I spent 6 hours in 1 spot. Not one hit the entire time. We finally packed up everything but our rods and was planning to leave when I got my biggest cat to date. Only 19lbs but much bigger than any of my other channels.