Time Travel

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Fry Guy, May 21, 2006.

1. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Forgive me but I'm bored and it's late. So I'm stuck in a room with two other people for 14 hours a night and sometimes we just get delirious. So me and my buddy get into about an hour long humerous argument about time travel. Bear with me. His question was, if you go back in time and say remove someone like your grandmother/grandfather from the gene pool would you cease to exist? My answer was yes because you just destroyed your genetic line and therefore would never have been born. He said of course that you would still be here because you were already created. My point however was that if this were true you could do whatever you wanted and the "future" would remain unchanged. He said people don't just dissapear and then I started laughing and said well people don't time travel either. If anybody is as bored or as nerdy as me feel free to respond or if this post is just to retarded just delete it.:dribble: :beat_shot:

2. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Time travel is real to some degree (so saith Einstein) and here's a quickie article on it!

Time Travel

3. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Thanks Brian:big_smile: Just wanted to see what other people thought and was very very very bored.

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    If that were the case I think that I would have to put myself in a postion to catch a world record bluecat or flathead. Horrible things have happened in the past, theoreticly if we changed what happend then, we then change our curent reality. Though it would be neat to see a dinosaur or a mammoth or some other extinct creature that is rather large.

Aaron

TA2D

5. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Thanks guys but help me out a little I'm try to win or lose this argument:big_smile: Do you think you would cease to exist theoretically or would everything remain unchanged?

6. Sprouty13

Sprouty13 New Member

State:
    MO
    All right I have to agree that if you cut your bloodline before you're born then you won't excist. However if you don't excist then you couldn't go back in time to erase your grandparent. Which then causes you to be born and trying to get them again. It's a vicious cycle. Here is an idea...don't erase your family members! Go for Hitler! :beat_brick:

7. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Ok. Forgett family. Say you whacked someone elses parents/grandparents whatever would they cease to exist. Same question really. I know this will never happen but for argument sake whatta ya think? Thanks for the input Sprout. Noble but how would killing Hitler change things?? Governments, people etc. Just some food for thought.

8. Sprouty13

Sprouty13 New Member

State:
    MO
    Ok Fry we'll go off Hitler's parents. By erasing one of them you will in theory prevent Adolf from coming around. By that you would have saved a lot of people. Without Germany leading the war then Japan wouldn't have tried to go us, atleast alone. Therefor WWII would have been prevented. (Theoretically) Any inputs with this?

9. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    OK. So I guess that means you agree with me that the person would cease to exist. Thanks:cool2:

10. pinto

pinto New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think that life happens for a reason we will all evolve eventually! HM:lol:

11. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Pretty funny Nick but I think you're a little off subject:roll_eyes:

12. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It’s been my experience that each time I go back and try to change something, its impossible to change. Example... I went back to try change my childhood experience of catching small fish. Upon returning to that time, the high tech equipment I tried to take back turned into a cane pole. The many things I learned from the BOC were forgotten and the past remained the same… I still caught bait. The past remains the Past.:lol:

13. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Sounds like a normal shift for a Security Forces troop. Later bro

SudDawg

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been experiencing time travel for 69 years and I don't think I have the strength nor the inclination to do it all over again. One day someone else will have my space to occupy. Let him/her use it more wisely.

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ben, lets go forward in time before we go back in time.
    Let say you go forward in time three hours. Fifteen minutes after you leave the whole world population dies at once. you return to real time and find no human life, you are alone. but still here. How could this be? your entire gene pool is gone!
    You exist now. It wouldn't matter if your grand father dies yesterday or you went back in time one hundred years and killed his father. you would still be here. :cool2:

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like a chicken/egg thing to me...:lol:

17. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    If your grandparents were never there, then your parents wouldn't be around either, but the question was if you went back in time. So with that in mind, you are already here and going back in time and your grandparents were somehow eliminated at that time, you would have no parents, but you would still exist. However, if you weren't born yet and your grandparents never existed, there would be no limbs on your family tree cause you wouldn't exist.

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Time travel... well, I already exist, so I'm not going to worry about what if. However, I would like to know this: If you could travel through time, when and where would you go?

19. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Your past would alture the future.

20. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    ok....now my head hurts...