Time Travel: When and where would you go?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, May 21, 2006.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

So, if time travel were possible, what time period/place would you go? I'm still trying to decide...

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I plan on taking the boat, lots of gasoline, rods and reels, lots of guns and amunition, and land on the Miss. river during the 1700's. I'll drift south and only start the motor to run from the indians. Fish and hunt for food when fish were fish and bears were numerous. But when night fall comes... I want to be back home in the right year.:big_smile:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: LOL MYSELF I'D GO BACK TO THE OLE WEST DAYS OF FRANK&JESSIE JAMES. THAT ERA ALWAYS DID INTEREST ME. OF COURSE BACK THEN YOU HAD A RATHER SHORT LIFE SPAN.

4. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    heck i would go back to when jesus was still around

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    same here! i'd love to chat with him just once to hear from him what he actually said and taught his disciples. the early church tampered with things so bad that i call in to question a lot of what has been translated.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

So true Dink. My grandfather studied the original Greek and Hebrew texts and passed what he learned on to me. Something to think about: You are walking down a road. You hear footsteps. Someone is walking behind you. As the person approaches, you realize that it's Jesus. What would you say to him? What one question would you ask?

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    id go back in time to see each disputed world record fish caught Louie Sprays musky,largemouth bass,channel catfish etc..

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It's a hard choice for me, I would like to see all the ages. This country during the 1800s. Medevil euporean times. The south pacific and many other tropical places before all the hotels and resorts. I would be making a lot of stops if I could go through time.

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I would say the "Garden of Eden", when the air was clean, the water was pure, and there was no greed, violence or poltics!

10. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd find the beer hall where Hitler was hanging out, follow him home and beat his brains in.

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I think I would have enjoyed the '50's--as a teenager. I was born in the mid 50's, but I think it would've been neat to be a teen then; fast, muscle cars, still a little bit of innocence in the world, carefree times. And the music wasn't bad, either. Yeah...bobby socks, poodle skirts, record players, soda shops...yep..the 50's!!:look_down:

12. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    1800s to Early turn of the century, To see how challenging it was foraging into the unknown virgin wilderness. Not many places like that today.
    Of Course Fishing would be one opportunity that I wouldnt want to pass up while back there.
    Might even do a Little gold hunting:wink:
    thanks
    Larry

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    October 7th, 2000. :big_smile:

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Okay, I've decided when and where I would go and I'm really excited about it. I'd travel forward in time to September 15-17,2006 at Kenlake Resort Park in KENTUCKY for the BOC NATIONAL GATHERING! Every campsite, every cabin and motel room plus the entire overflow field is occupied by members of the BOC! Food and fellowship are plentiful and the fish are bitin'! Everyone please attend our National Gathering!!!

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I'd travel several places. I have questions i want answered. Easter Islands, the Holy Grail, the Pyramids, what are the flying things in the ancient paintings, how were the crop circles made, Stonehenge then I would find out what really happened to the lost colony at Roanoke.

16. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I would go save doc from the libyans. That and beat the ever loving crap out of Biff.

17. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I would go back to the late 1700's here in America, and then skip a few years to vist the 1860's. I would also like to go back anytime between 1200 and 1400 to Europe and the UK.

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    So why aint he a member yet come on grandpa lets get goin its never to early for fishin ok look at my signature below and then i will tell you its the right post wrong thread

19. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    ****Place where theres running water and toliet paper****

1st- Id like visit the Garden of Eden & to meet Jesus, thats a good one.
    2nd- When the Decloration or Independance was written, Id love to be in that room.
    3rd- To meet Fred Astaire
    4th- The Titanic--but not on its madan voyage..lol
    5th- The night my Papa past away, thats the time Id like to travel to most.

Theres more but those come to mind.

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I wouldn't want to go back to far, only to the time of the days when I was in high school - but only with one twist - I would like to go back with all that I know now! :wink:

Now that would be fun! lol:happy:

I had so much fun then (& The fishing was better then too). :wink:

Take care all,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010: