Time to talk about another member

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jun 2, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And his name is catfishjohn.

John and I have been sending each other pm's and talking about our issues with our back.

Both of us have bad backs, John's is far worse at this point in time than mine is, I certainly pray I dont get as bad as he is.

John is basically confined to his bed, and is in terrible pain...But he manages somehow to send me a few messages anserwing my questions...

I have never, ever talked to somone who seems as nice, sincere and willing to do things for others as he is.

I hope everyone says a prayer for John, because if the time comes where he cant post anymore, it's our loss.

You know the old saying nice guys finish last, but I hope this time god lays a healing hand on John and he can enjoy life agin.

I hope one day we can fish together, even if we are both in a wheelchair and fish a paylake!

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice post,flat.thank you for calling out the members.i hops his back gets better also

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    prayers sent out for John,I consider him a true friend

4. roof99

roof99 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I personally know John he has been fishing with me and my husband quite a few times but the last few times he just comes to hang out because his back is so bad. He is a great guy and friend! I just wish that he wasnt in so much pain! I cant wait until he can get out there fishing again , cause thats is something I know he loves to do more than anything. I bought him one of those little fishing games to keep him occupied in the mean time! LOL!

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've had the great opportunity to meet up with him. They don't come much nicer and open-hearted as he does.

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Friday was the first night John missed sence we started fishing every week. I talk to him almost everyday. With are prayers maybe John will be fishing very soon. If he don't I'm going to start fishing at his house in his bait tank.:smile2:
    I know as soon as John reads this thread he will be ready to fish. John if you just come fishing I'll catch all the fish so you don't have to even worry about getting a bite. So John prayers are being sent from the wall. He knows what I'm talking about. Get well soon brother.

A$$hole Dan.

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Get well soon John....prayers from Western Kentucky

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You for the kind words everyone! Thank You also Jack for starting this, I know you're in an awful lot of pain also. You're in my Prayers too! We will get together sometime, no idea when but we will fish together, thats a promise!!!

Most of you all already knew my back was screwed but up until almost a month ago I didn't know that I had a broken back. Thursday was when things went for the worst....I left my Dr's office and had a bad seizure a few minutes later. Every since then its felt like I've ripped the hardware out of my low back or blown a disc completely out. I've made myself get up a couple times a day to log on here and PM Jack and try to help him out some since I've been going through this crap forever. Jack really is a great guy and I hate it that he's going through this also! This is by far the worst pain I've ever been in and really can't imagine it any worse. I'm hoping that I just have aggravated all the old injuries to my lower back and its nothing serious but nothing I've taken has helped any. Since I got home from the Hospital Thur. the bathroom has felt like its a hundred miles away to get to. There and to log on here is the most I've been able to do.
    I really don't know whats wrong but I do know its like nothing I've ever experienced before and hope none of you do either!
    Thanks again Jack, my Prayers are with you buddy, I just sent you a PM right before this.
    Also, Thanks Danny for calling me this morning and letting me know about this. This sure has helped raise my spirits and given me more reasons to wanna get better. I'm still gonna try to go Friday but I'm not gonna hold my breath on it.
    Thank You & God Bless You All!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeh, Danny, I miss the Wall. Thats a great place to be! A whole lot better than being confined to that darn bed!!!!!!

9. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Thanks to Jack for the posting and my prayers for both of you .... I know what it is like ... broke my back when I was 5 years which is more than 1/2 a century ago now ... so have put up with back problems all my life and have always tried to put it out of my mind as much as I could .... but as the days grow shorter it is much harder to put behind me .... I know in your case John it is much worse than I presently have .... so I tell everyone if I have to have the discomfort of it, I might as well be fishing while I am having it, than sitting home moaning and groaning about it .... Just take care of your back ... both of you ... you only get one in life ... and fishing is sooooooooooo much fun ... :wink: Garry-

10. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I hope you're feeling better soon John:)

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John you have been on my Prayer list for some time. I will add Jack also. God still hears and answers prayers. Guys hang in there. Your answer could be on the way.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You all again. I just took all my meds and am able to get up for a short period of time. The bad part is I still keep getting my Dr's answering machine. Not sure what the he!! is going on there, especially when I need him the most. Its really aggravating!!!!!!:angry:
    Thank You all for the Prayers and kind words.
    Hopefully its nothing too serious and I can be back to getting around like before.:confused2::wink:

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have confidence John we will fish together someday.

I can only set for brief periods in a chair also.

But I took a couple percetts about 1/2 hr ago, and I was actully gonna try to go fishing, but my wife laied down the law and told me no way!

Right now my right leg just feels like a dead stump, but I was willing to crawl to my fishing spot..I dont know how I would cast, or land a fish but was gonna try:roll_eyes:

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    John,

Take care of yourself and GET WELL SOON! The catfish will always be waiting for you at the lake or river. Your health is your first priority and catfish second.

Best wishes from me and my 29 kids in my gym class.

Tan Bui

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Take the rest of the bottle and I'm sure you will be able to hit the bank tonight

:smile2:

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great idea Blacky! You are a genius!
    Do what hew says John, I will take all of mine and we will have a grand night on the river!:smile2:

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sounds good to me but the law has been laid down here also. No fishing or anything until they figure out whats wrong and I get cleared from the Dr....:sad2:

My Dr finally called but I wasn't able to get rolled over to get to my phone in time. The office phones are down and I tried to call his cell but got his voice mail. I'm hoping he'll call me back this evening, he knows basically whats up so I'd say he will.
    Taking that whole bottle and going fishing sounds good to me...:wink::smile2:

I took my Lorcet 10 and a Soma and my Klonopin around 5ish but no relief at all. :(((

18. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Well me and my Little buddy John have shared the bank a many of times. I know he has taught me a few things about catfishing and I hope Ive shown him a few things about fishing for other fish. John is one of the greatest guys I know ,and Like I said in another post Ill drag your but in a chair if I have to brother keep your head up you will be fishing soon. Take care of the health first though littl bro! If you need anything yell at me bro!

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hope for a speedy recovery for both of you, John & Jack.

20. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    john and jack prayers go out for both of you i hope your backs get healed up so you can haul in a big ol flathead soon god bless