Time to take weather into consideration

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Monsterkat11, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    pulled an all nighter at my go-to spot saturday night. asked mellon if he wanted to come but he said him and dink were talkin about how the low pressure supposed to move in yada yada yada. i don't buy that crap. so i get all my gear ready, pick up my buddy on the way i'm tellin him "man, this is a great spot, i have yet to be skunked i hope we catch some big ones"

NOT A DANG BITE ALLLLLL NIGHT! we tried cut, we tried live we tried current, we tried eddies, we tried EVERYTHING! nothing.

so i've come to the conclusion either:

A: maybe this whole pressure system really does mean something
    B: the fish weren't biting because the river was on the drop all night
    C: karma bit me in the buttox for being so cocky

2. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Korey, im gonna go ahead and vote for "C"...lol. Nah, JK. I have heard a lot of people talking about the barometric pressure highly effecting fish activity. I never NOT fish because of it. But some people wont go out if the barometer is falling or rising, I cant remember which is bad for fishing. I think its falling? But i may be wrong, it happens a lot...Kyle.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Or

D. Mellon is the catfish whisperer and all you OH fellas should listen to him more:smile2:

4. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mellon really is the catfish whisperer he walks out to his baittank at night and whispers to his bullhead "hey there little bullhead, make sure to eat up and get biiiiig and strong so you can catch me a big ol flathead" (feel free to imagine the most femenine whisper possible) :)

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i never bank on catching a fish when i go.what i do try to bank on is some peace and quiet and away time.a lot of the time,the fish are just a bonus.

which translates toi don't give a rats a** most of the time if they bite or not,its just good to get out and enjoy it.put to much pressure on yourself,and its not fun any more,might as well do it for a living.just enjoy the time out.

6. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well said Hunted, I know some people that can turn fishing into a freakin miserable time if they ain't catching fish. They ask me why I don't get mad if I ain't catching anything and I just laugh and say enjoy the fresh air and be thankful your not in a hospital.

I do think that the weather has something to do with the fish. There has been hundreds of times when I have been fishing with no action and then a big storm front came up and they would start feeding right away. I have had it happen way to many times for there not to be some truth behind it.

You just gotta go fishin to fish and not just to catch fish. I know that doesn't sound right but going fishing is about more than catching fish sometimes. If you look at it that way you'll always have a great time.

Plus you can always reach down deep in the tackle box and pull out the carp bait ! :smile2: Thats what I do sometimes !
    Hang in there Monsterkat11, you'll get them next time !
    Matt, AKA DESODE

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Everytime that I put a lot of emphasis and effort into a trip, something breaks.....................typically its my boat. I agree that fishing should be one of the most relaxing things that you can do. Mostly it is a family affair for me and I just enjoy that time with my wife.

8. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey believe me, that used to be my famous quote back when i couldn't get into a single fish, i'd always say "i don't care man, i just like being out, we know they're there and we know we've presented bait, i just like knowing any minuite that clicker could start screaming"

9. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Going to rain on Wednesday and Thursday, cool and dark. New moon coming up on Friday. Should be a good weekend coming up.