Time to purchase new fishing license!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It just dawned on me that it is time to go out and buy the 2010 fishing license! I always make my annual New Years Day fishing trip somewhere so I guess I better hit the tackle shop for that new license! :big_smile:

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like to buy mine online so I can print extra copies to keep. I got them in my wallet, in the boat, the truck, wherever I need them.
    I laminate them too.:cool2:

3. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    This year for some reason I was checked to see if I had my license more often than I can remember being checked any other year. Thanks for the reminder.

Ray

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good idea Jay! My printer is whacked :sad2:, I will make copies somewhere though! :big_smile:

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I do the exact same thing. Just dont have more than one on you when the fish commissioner comes. they dont like that:wink:

6. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    In Illinois they expire in March. So I'll be going in March to get mine.

7. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Also dont forget we lose our stars 1/1/10. So i'll be buying a new license (10 copies:roll_eyes:) on the 1st and donating money to the boc so I get my stars. They are giving out beanies coins and dog tags for star members in 10 so hopefully we get some of those goodies

8. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Yea like new york expires in the middle of the salmon run october 1st:angry: I go salmon fishing every year last weekend of september and 1st weekend of october

9. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    this is the first year i have to buy a license:sad2: but i will be able to drive:big_smile:

10. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Good idea Jay. I always manage to lose mine at some point throughout the year, or forget it and remember when I get all the freakin way down Valley Tire LMAO. This year Im going to print out extra copies and pin em right next to the extra drain plug and ratchet strap:wink::smile2:(you know where they're at right Jay)

11. Christ, I had no idea ya can get that online, I always ran around different stores trying to track one down, and they check your drivers lisence. Thanks for that little tidbit boys.

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I used to be worried when I forget my license when fishing but the worst that can happen is you have to send the license in the mail to the fish commissioners for proof of having one.

13. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Also the nice part of the internet ones is that they aint that ugly yellow color. They are nice and white:roll_eyes: But get ready for people to ask you "What kind of license is that?"
    "Where did you get that at?"
    "Are you from out of state?"
    :cool2:

14. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan

I got a $10 fine for not wearing mine when I was younger, and my license
    was only 50 yds. away. I just carry mine in my wallet anymore, I haven't been checked in a few years.

15. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

It all depends on how the commissioners day is going. When you have the internet license they tend to want to see your drivers license also. I guess they had people print out alot and give other people "extras" to use.

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    We're gonna have to do some ice fishing this year, what could possibly go wrong?:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

17. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I guess I should try and get my PA license before I change my resident status! It would save me a few bucks anyway... :roll_eyes:

18. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah really, I mean it aint like we gotta launch!!!:wink:

19. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    They dont even make you do that anymore. With the new CID # now its much easier for them to find out if you have one or not. I got checked walleye fishin at the dam this year and I didnt have my license in my tackle box like I thought I did. All he did was call in to the center and verify that I had purchased one. Helps too that I know the warden:wink:.

20. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    yes true come the first of the year you do lose your stars but donating the money is not just about "oh i need the stars" the stars are just an asentive for you donating money. me personally i dont donate the money for the stars.... i donate to support a great group of guys and gals and to help keep the BOC/USCA alive. that is what the donations ae all about not just to see the stars.....JMHO