Time to give feeder creeks and streams a look see

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    It appears to me that the catfish have started moving from the river and openings of creeks and coves to the back of streams/creeks on LKN and most likely other bodies of water with feeder streams. I tested this for the last four days and found that as I got further into the feeder creeks that the quality of my fish improved. Also, my markings for bait, eventho spottier, improved over the openings of the creeks. Also, it appears that the flatheads are leaving their summer haunts and heading into the creeks to setup their fall feed along with the trophy blues. Water surface temps. appear to be one to two degrees lower than the river. I have been using big baits (large heads and stripes) in the feeder streams/creeks with good results.

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    What is the most effective depth you are finding on LKN?

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Mudkipp, 15 to 25' is doing the trick. The nice fish that I'm catching are coming out of the same hole that you fished with me the first time in the CCC qualifying tournament a while back (2004).

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    It is a good one isn't it! I am glad you are on the fish. LKN can make you scratch your head more than once but when it is good it is real good.

5. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    LakeNorman Blues do you think with this rain will the fishing be better up river around long island or stay in the backs of creeks.