time to get

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Dec 16, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    it's that time of yr. to take reels apart, oil, clean, and replace line. for those going to wheeler for the trip this might be a must, as there are many fish down there over the sixty pounds. i dont want anyone to hook one of those monsters and have there line snap or reel mess up.and put new labels on your poles. i know it's going to be a fun time down there and we have a while to go before the trip, but if you wait till the last min. you will forget something like this.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    All of mine are being stripped down, oiled, and respooled with Team Catfish Tug Of War Braid. Need to break em in soon :wink:

3. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Thanks guys, but I'll just keep my reels and boat tuned up and ready to fish right here on the Mississippi, for what ever it has to offer. Wheeler in Feb. for catfish...is no better to me then walleye in Feb. right here!

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My reels get frequent oil/grease, because I fish 52 weeks a year! :wink:

BB in SC

5. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Lucky Dog:embarassed:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm with ya on that too Bill.....Not gonna let a little cool weather keep me from chasin' those brutes! Everything is constantly ready for whenever I get the itch to wet a line! :wink::smile2:

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Why would you quit fishing the best time of the year? Duh. I guess some of the old fossils quit cause they cant hang but I will fish as long as I can walk. And if I cant walk I will crawl in the boat.

8. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    The only reason you would have to crawl,is if your walker is in the shop

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Be that as it may sir, I will still be fishing. And the walker is in the spare bedroom. New, hardly used. Only use it to go to the grocery store. You would be surprised to see what pretty young women will do for a guy using a walker.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I guess in areas f the country where EVERYTHING freezes SOLID, fishing might not be a year round option. Winter is when we catch the bigguns!

BB in SC