time to get the boat wet

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Nov 28, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i havent been fishing since the trip to alabama, so i think its time to hit the water. i dont want my boat to dry rot lmao:smile2: ( its aluminum ) all the excuse i need to go fishing. the river is still high and on a hard drop, which is not ideal but its fishing or sit here and root for the rams. but then i would dry rot waiting for them to win a game lmao.:smile2::smile2::smile2: dont know if i have any bait, might spend most of the day tryin to get some shad. oh well il post up tomro. when i get in, tell how it went.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  2. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck russ!

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Go get em Russ.....

4. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    catch another bigun

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The man that Never Catches Any Fish is on the prowl again eh? Me wonders if that rig just might drive right on over the sippi an head south lol

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    gonna be kind of hard to beat that last trip. But a day on the river is a good day.

7. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Go get um
    Willie and I hit it yesterday bank fishing at kimmswick,Willie and his son did pretty good a 12 lb. blue and 3 channel, I on the other hand Got Skunked,
    The bait of choice seemed to be Shad, (That I supplied) Willie brought nothing but desire. lol It was a very nice day to be out on the river bank

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    careful i can only take so much arm twisting lmao:smile2::smile2::wink: but it wont be long before i head back down there, there is a 127 pounder and its time we meet.:wink:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lemme know when. I'll be there with bells and whistles on. :smile2: Maybe the first week of 2010? :wink: Cant think of a better way to break in 2010 than with some Monster Kittens. :smile2:

10. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey You need a SEASONED NET MAN? Just let Olejer Know!!!!

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Better start schmoozin the mrs cuz it's not a matter of if but when lol

12. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    when you wanna hit the river olejer i dont live that far from kimmswick but i dont know where to go at kimmswick
    just let me know and i can meet you ill even try my best to get bait b4

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Im going on the next trip south, If i gotta come down there and put all you guys trucks on flats,:smile2::wink: and delete every number in your cell phones except mine....LMAOX10000 (jk)

14. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey Willie--
    This aint your boy your talking to-- dont try to BULLY us around like you do him

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Heck Jerry I thought you was on my side.... I see how you are.. LMAO

16. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Besides its just like Hold em, Play aggressive and push your way around til they fold.... Money in the bank:wink:

17. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    just got back from the river, man the wind was getting with it today. spent most of the day getting some shad, after running all over the place i got 8 good ones. now i run around looking for fish, tryed some of my old spots nothing looked for about a hour before i found anything that looked good. didnt get anything big at all, only three fish that were around 6-8 pounders. the river is on a hard fall, but it is real high still. i took a pic. of my finder while i was looking around, as i moved around that spot i did see some large fish in there but couldnt get them to bite. this is what i call deep water.

Attached Files:

18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Wow, Thats some deep water down that way Russ... How far away from st. louis are you again??? What are you doing next saturday?? wanna go fishing??:wink::wink::smile2:

19. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Man you ain't kidding when you said deep. The deepest I've been able to find on the Missouri or lower Osage around home has been 60' when the water was up.