Time to get it on!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 9, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have everything ready, bait swimming in the bait tank! It's time to get it on! I will be starting my season this weekend, still alittle early possibly, but I have caught em in stranger situations... I'm ready to start chasing them flats....rollo

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck too you. I hope the water is down enough.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jason, depending on how Friday is I might take the boys to Buckeye ocean for a little while. Its calling for rain but Ill play it by ear. Might be able to find Mud Island this time :smile2:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck Rollo! I've been trying here but the weather/water conditions have made it impossible for me to find the cats so far...:confused2::smile2:

5. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    good luck man, there calling for rain more rain and i hate to say this word with the way the warmer temps have been but yes u heard it right snow saturday, and temps down into the 40's, atleast these weather patterns dont last that long cause im itchin to get out and do some serious ranglin of some cats.:smile2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Quit Cussin Brandon:smile2: sunny, warm, and NO RAIN!:eek:oooh::smile2: rollo

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Good luck Jason,
    Be safe out there...W

8. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    i know i know, does his sun no rain dance(now thats a sight not even i think i wanna see myself doing in a mirror):crazy::smile2::smile2:

9. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    :worship::worship:sun warm weather:worship::worship:sun warm weather:worship::worship:

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will try to do the rest of Ohio a favor and not try to go out this weekend. Everytime I have tried so far this year it has been much worse then forcasted, everytime I have not been able to go much better then forcasted.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I will be out there Saturday, a little cold weather isn't anything different than I have been doing all year winter anyway....................its time to fish.....:big_smile:

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I'm a goin'! I have a shelter and a propane heater with propane accessories....
    I have winter silks, a sweatshirt and a heavy coat with gloves.

My scale only goes to 50 lbs, but that might be a good start. Gotta print the control item though.... :wink:

Anyone brave enough to come out with me?

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wish you were closer bro I would be there bright eyed and bushy tailed...:smile2:

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    When and where shawn?

15. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I hear that got my poles ane everything ready made it out for one trip with no success for flats this year yet. I will be back out there this weekend or monday and tuesday when im off work.

16. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck hope you catch some

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I do believe we will leave the dealership around 7 pm or so and head to a MWCD lake. The storms are supposed last from 10-1am but the winds aren't supposed to go over 19 mph.

We will be out Friday and Saturday night til the cold runs us out. Hopefully we'll have some fish for the tourney. I have Netman and Tspergin for now.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well with the cold front hitting this weekend, I think I will postpone my first trip untill may...Or better yet just wait till the spawn is over!

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya Jack, conditions are pretty much crap out today compared to recently, but im heading out anyways here soon. gonna drop some live ones, and chalk some cut ones as well. I don't much care if I get shut out, just need to get some of that river air blowing in my face:smile2: rollo

20. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    What was funny last night, I was out with my wife and oldest son and you could see that the storm was starting to roll in pretty hard. We packed up and here are a couple of yokels that are just setting up, I wouldnt have minded fishing a little more but not with my wife and son out there. I think they were going for cats also since they were slicing up some shad sides.