Time to convert my rig

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ncfowler, Oct 26, 2006.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Well this catfish season is winding down, I may or may not get out this weekend but this is the last weekend my boat will be rigged for catfishing, Waterfowl is just around the corner and the boat will be rigged with my blind, This makes it rough to fish from. also the rod holders will be removed and the Gun holder will be in installed. as well as the dog platform. my bait tank will be replaced with a gear box and portable kitchen. Hey what can I say I love a warm meal after we set our deks and wait for shooting time. Well it's been a good season for me I was able to get into some large cats and made some friends along the way here at the Boc. this is so far my #1 site i go to when I log on then to the waterfowl site, Jeff

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Don't give up yet, the best fishing is coming up!!! Winter months are the best months for big blues.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, what JW said, fishing season has just started!:lol:

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Yeah they are, but duck hunting is alot of fun. My suggestion, BUY ANOTHER BOAT! LOL!!!

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    winter time is BIG BLUE TIME....go head go hunting leave the blues to me...:big_smile: LOL!!!!

6. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Yeah:crazy: , ducks taste funny. I love a good fish stew and some Cat Nuggets!!:dribble:

7. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    I have to agree with everyone else. Fall Feeding Frenzy is here and the fish have just turned on.

8. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Now mind i enjoy fishing alot but I have a guide service and need the boat for my clients who have booked me. I'm trying to get my wife convinced that we need a pontoon boat as well. She goes on our friends pontoon and loves it so it should not take much convincing. Also it is hard for me to give up 2 days on the weekend I go out on saturday for waterfowl get up at 3 or 4 am, hunt all day come home clean up the rig, guns, gear, and ducks it is around 11pm then i crash and realy don't want to get up early to go out but this year i may just do some noon time fishing at our local lake and see if i can get hooked up on some biggins

9. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Well you said you finish hunting by 11 pm, all ya have to do is buy some bells for the poles and fish while ya sleep!! LOL