Time to change

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by fishwillie1, Mar 24, 2008.

1. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    My buddies and I have been fishing Santee lately and we figure it's time to come home to the Pee Dee river. We fish the PeeDee from DeWitts Bluff at Pamplico to the Tan Yard over at Brittons Neck on Hwy 378. We are going saturday weather permitting putting in at Allison landing in Poston. I will be back with a report to let you know what happens. Anyone goes befor then I sure could use a little info on bait and other stuff.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good luck Will.....i'm from Kansas so cant give much info althoght if i came down there i would have to it the DeWitt bluff hard....That's my last name.:big_smile:

Good luck buddy

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'd say try and find some shad. You can't go wrong this time of year with shad as bait. If you can find eels, they would be great also. I love to use bream. However, some guys fished limb lines all Friday night. The lines baited with shad were full. The lines baited with bream were empty. Shad would be your best bet.
    Bill in Bennettsville

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If it were me I would have 30 live bream, 12 huge live shinners, and 18 live eells and lead them down in heavy cover for those huge flatheads should be going strong. Good luck and send us a report.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Awww, James, you just caught so many blues at Winyah Bay that you are tired of them, and switching gears towards that state record flathead. I'm going to fish the blues while they are coming up, and will shift towards the flatties when it warms up a tad. But, we do know the flatties are biting some as evidenced by screaminclickers 26 pounder last Saturday! :)
    Bill in Bennettsville

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Awww, James, you just caught so many blues at Winyah Bay that you are tired of them, and switching gears towards that state record flathead. I'm going to fish the blues while they are coming up, and will shift towards the flatties when it warms up a tad. But, we do know the flatties are biting some as evidenced by screaminclickers 26 pounder last Saturday! :)
    Bill in Bennettsville