Time to catch bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by luckey wade, Sep 22, 2007.

1. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    going out to night hope to have some good bvait an no fog plan not to hit the pier an win tourment

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well randy i guess you are luckey!! you didn't hit the pier, and you missed a boat in the middle of the channel! lol... by inches!!! lmao! but you didn't win the tourney.?..and my team didn't either! but, i did get some of your money for third place...:smile2: just messin with you..welcome again to the BOC and i'm sure you will gain alot of knowledge on here brother!....rollo

3. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    catfish rollo your right no fog an very luckey not to hit that boat anyou did get my money but it was worth it 3small flathead in28feet rock bass blue gill woremouth was the ticketallfrom the smae spot only bounce my jet off the bottom one time

4. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    what bait worked for you an started in the deep water what should we be trieing now i got luckey last night that guy with jrtt was were we were going who was he is he on here

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    randy, i know you can't type...lol.. slow down and try just one finger!! j/k.. i'm trying to be an interpreter here, i think you are asking about the guy with the jet you saw fishing the same area. yes he is a member on here. that area holds some good fish, but i think it has been fished entirely too much this year. it was an awesome area, now it is one that is unpredictable.. might catch some good ones, might not get a bite for 2 nights. i used to catch 10 fish a night there with many going 8 pound plus.. anyways, if this isn't what you are asking simply call me on the phone.. you talk better in person..lol rollo:smile2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i mainly fished 13-20ft. last night. i didn't like the fast rising moon and thought deeper more shaded area might be better. we still didn't light the world on fire, but managed a few decent ones. i was using smallmouth bass around 14 in. big redear bluegills...hand sized, and warmouths which i like a bunch. wish i had more time to get bullheads and other baits. last minute decision to fish in the tournament..rollo

7. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    im ld and cant spell but this alot of fun thanks always people there cant call you italk to much and ive been hearing storys about you for 15 years smallies in the creek now in the river id like to go

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i will take you anytime you want to go. just let me know. i take alot of people throughout the warm months fishing for cats, and smallmouth and crappies as well in the winter. i would be more than glad to take you anytime..rollo:smile2:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you called me chicken pecker!!! nice way to treat a school friend... chicken pecker?? i would say more but i wave my white flag! you win..lol

10. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    here's my 45 pounder I caught on 9-6-07:wink:

Attached Files:

11. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    sorry for calling you a chicken pecker-I know I can't type! My wife is typing for me now-can't you tell? Now-how do you put a picture up by your name?

I'm the chicken pecker-luckey wade

12. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    in river where ever 6 of oct looks good

13. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    did know that chicken pecker is back hows the 6 of oct

14. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i don't mean to cut into your thread randy, and not too sure what direction it's going. I noticed you caught a big flathead on the 6th. I was fishing off the bank on the Philo pool and also caught a flathead in the 40 lb range on that same night. Im no expert on the effect of moon phases or weather conditions on the fish bite.........although i do recall the night of the 6th very clearly. I'm not sure if it was a new moon that night, but it was close to a new moon...and the sky was high and very clear that night, which i beleive means high pressure. My buddy was fishing some cut bait under a float and caught a couple nice channels too. I would like to start logging evey fishing trip with detailed info about the moon phase, barometric pressure, nearby weather fronts, etc. I know all these factors have some kind of effect on fish....im just trying to put it all together.....did anyone else fish on the night of sep. 6th??

15. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got luckey that night todd my bud gota 44 th8 50 yards away at 1210 am mine was 1220 am not much on loiging but cat fish rollo talks about it

16. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    maybe we should start a thread in here strictly for logging fishing trips.....that way we can get results from numerous people fishing the same nights? I don't know if it would work out , but it's something to think about

17. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    sounds good where do you fish

18. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    the grass was fried so went to get bait . i got some nice small mouth an rock bass long live worms nerer been there 2 dozen went fast even got nice preach . ever tryem

19. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i live down in georgia, although i get back to ohio and fish the muskingum once a year.

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Randy, I am that guy with the jet. From the conversations around here I thought it might have been you. Look me up any time. I am a sponsor of this site and my phone numbers are all on my site www.coshoctoncars.com

I will talk techniques and/or we can go out and fish any time but due too extreme pressure from some folks I can't get too specific with locations.

One thing about me is that I catch and release everything (except bait) and I have zero interest in tournaments.

BTW, who is the best catfisherman in your area? You know, the King so to speak?