Time spent on BOC?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by odtimr, Jun 13, 2007.

1. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    How much time are you spending on the BOC?
    Well since joining in Feb 2007 I find I am enjoying the site more and more and spend an increasing amount of time on site. I believe I am spending at least an hour a day now. At first the bride use to come in and look at what I was doing for so long on the computer, I wonder if she thought I was looking at some naughty things, now she knows it's only fishing again. I believe I have improved my cat catching knowledge 1000%, unfortunately have not had the time to really get it going, and now it is seemly the monsoon season, soon I hope.
    I also visit a Nebraska site, but spend probably 75% of my time at the BOC site. The thing I find most outstanding about the site is the unselfish attitude of members, reveling their spots and methods, without the notion some one is going to catch all the fish because of what they revealed. Luck

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Once I got Matt out of the way,:wink:, I probably spend 1-2 hours on here a day. 1 hour on days that I work, 2 on my days off. I don't even fish! Matt spent so much time on here though that I decided to sign up and spy on him:confused2: and now I'm hooked. We fight over whose turn it is. But there is soooooo much to learn and do here. I love this site and try to get everyone I know to join.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LOL, this may be embarassing.

I would say from the time I get up (Usually 7am or so) until I go to bed (Usually midnight or after) I am on here every hour on the hour if at all possible.

I log in to check new messages, then log back out. That way when I log back in the new message pop back up and I dont find myself looking at old posts that I have already seen.

If I got paid $1 an hour to check in on the BOC I would be a rich man. :big_smile:

But, since I dont get paid, I am a rich man because of all the friends I have made on the BOC.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I cant put a time on it for me. I do what I can.
    I've always enjoyed this site.:smile2:

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I think about 1 1/2-2 hours a day. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am here as much as i have time to be, which in the winter, while i wasnt able to work ,was all day sometimes, now I got lots to do outside, garden, rebuilding my house, trying to get a few setting hens some brood pens built, I hope I have time to fish in between.

7. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i'll go with my wifes answer to this question, "To much time!!!" .... lol

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I log on early in the mornings to see how my B.O.C. brothers and sisters have been through reading their post. Enjoy the jokes. And the funny photos that are posted about DH and JW. :lol: I enjoy reading Amy's thread on the soldiers Over Seas. I know I get on and stay about an hour or two. Then Log out and do my errands and between chores I log back on and check out messages, reps, chat, and read the knew threads and the old that I have already posted on. Guess you can say I spend 4 hrs or so on here a day. Unless I am not feeling good. I am on for 2 yrs or less.:smile2:

9. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Like the money I've spent on my fishing equipment....I dont want to figure it up! But with the quality that is located here,I must confess. Yes, I am addicted. And NO! I am not going to rehab for this wonderful addiction!

10. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    John:-

My ladyfriend says exactly the same thing, y'know what I tell her??

"My dear, at least I ain't browsing FILTH!!" :big_smile::big_smile:

11. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    WAAAYYYYYYY TOO MUCH!!! But Im lovin every minute of it... Im usually logged in by or before 7 am and run on it all day long til the kids get out of school or hubby comes home from work, then I hafta share the phone line (dialup stinks). Just because I have it on doesnt mean I am always sittin here lookin at it every second tho, I usually come thru at times and hit new posts to see the updates then go on about my housework or studies. Of the evenin, if nothin is goin on where I cant be here, when others go on their merry way, I log in and stay on til they come back demandin my attention. Then I like to hang out with the nite crowd in chat. I dont think thats too much, do you?....lol...dont answer that!!!!

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    According to the Wife, to much! Just kidding, she really does not care. She will tell you well, he is home!

13. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA

THAT SAYS IT ALL BRO!!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE !!!!!!!!!!

14. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    HERE LATELY I'VE BEEN SPENDING ALOT OF TIME HERE ON BOC! LOL

15. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well, this is something of a sensitive issue around here. My husband, GatorT, and I both signed up here recently. The problem? We only have one computer! So when you combine the two of us, this computer spends the VAST majority of it's time connected to the BOC. (We now pay for our several hundred tv channles only for the kids, apparently.)

I, however, occasionally like to do other things on the computer. (This thing does go down in the books as a "business" expense.) So, unfortuantley for Ronnie, he spends a lot of time on here with me sitting next to him with my lip poked out, occasionally sighing loudly. The flip side of the coin is this - I've been bugging him to let me do something on here all night, but now that I have the controls, here I am - still on BOC!

16. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Not near enough!

I have this thing called work, good thing I work for myself, so I don't have to explain to the boss why I'm a little bit late. I don't think he'd swallow that I was playing on the BOC, anyway.

I get on here for a while in the morning, and for as much as my wife will let me at night. But I'm telling you it's a battle - with her lip all poked out and the long, loud sighs. She actually told me she was tired of the BOC for the night, but where is she? Sitting right here, trying to smack my shoulder. So I'm gonna check new posts one more time, and check local talk one more time, and let her have it. (Being as I did stay on here until 3:00 am this morning.)

Well, I started out saying not near enough, but when it's all said and done, maybe too much. I love catfishin' - and if I can't be doing it, I love talking about it.