Time Spent on BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by HRCats, Jul 11, 2006.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe i should have started a poll on this or possibly someone else might want to. My wife says i spend to much time on here. So far today i have been on this great site for 3 hrs. Usually i am on here at least 2 hrs everyday. I can't help myself. There are so many super people on here that have alot of useful info and great stories about catfishing. I spend all winter just thinking about fishing that might wife thinks i have an illness. I have been fishing for as long as i can remember and i go every chance i get. Well that's it. Was just wondering if i'm alone on this or others here are the same as me.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I get the same from my wife your always reading about fishing LOL. I usually check every 1/2 hour to 1 hour for new posts unless Im at home then Ill be on for a little bit then check every once and a while.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I tend to get on here at least once a week. I try and keep up but some people just post, and post, and post, and post........

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    HAAAA

Now that was funny TEABAGGER!!!

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    If I had a computer at home I would be like Tea I dont think he even sleeps. For now I only have access here at work and am on more than off I think:big_smile:

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i spend alot of time on here, i take alot of heat from the wife and kids, lol. sometimes they think i'am super-glued to my computer chair. i think the wife is happy i'am on here then some of the other sites, if you know what a mean.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    You're not alone brother. The wife and I are fighting about it right now. She says all I think about is fishing. I tried to get her on here so she can see it's alot more than that but she refuses. She doesn't want to talk about fishing, hunting, boating, what's in the news, or anything like that and can't understand my need to talk to folks who care about the same things I do. Most of the time I'm on here late at night because I have trouble sleeping so I don't see why it should bother her. She's asleep!
    She sits at her computer for hours playing solitair and complains because I sit here talking to you guys. What can you do?

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Now in all honesty, LMAO.

I am on here from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. At least once every 30 minutes checking to read new posts.

Does this cause a problem with the wife??

No, she knows there is alot of other things that I could be doing. Running around, drugs, drinking in bars, other bad site....etc, etc, etc. She always wondered why I was on here so much until she went to the Chattnooga Gathering in 2005 and met Jim, Judy, Bryan, Jo Anne, Pete, Marilyn, Mark, Bob, and the puppies. All these great members made her feel at home.

I wish I was not on here as much, work has just been slow.

But, it will pick up, so enjoy Tea while he is here. Never know, one day he might just vanish.......

9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    My time varies as I try to spend as much time on the water as I can but you all know how that goes. Bad weather, lack of money, broke equipment/boat...getting on the BOC helps me through the painfull dull moments that I can't wet my lines. My wife is supportive as she loves fishing as much as I and she thinks you all are a hoot.

10. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am on here three to four times a day when I am not real busy at work. Other wise I might only get to check in once every day or two.
    I know it dont take long reading post and an hour goes by.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Are you guys saying that you sign off the BOC from time to time..........Do you mean your not here all the time.......... If you sign off, how do you live ?
    Don't you get the shakes, break out into a sweat and start throwing up.

This is starting to scare me

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

LMAO, I will try to ease up on my post so you can catch up. :lol: :big_smile: :roll_eyes: :lol: :big_smile: :roll_eyes:

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Danny I actually do log out about once an hour or two. It just helps clear all the "New Posts" that is up there. You will reset to 0 and easier to keep a handle on threads being posted on.

I am always here in spirit though.

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've seen so many of your different avatars, I thought someone slipped a new screensaver in on me...:lol:

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Jeb, I am not sure what you are talking about.

16. keith

keith New Member

State:
    ohio
    My wife is about the same as the rest, fishing fishing fishing, thats all you think about, lol then she makes fun of my spelling.

17. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO

This thread is for you brother, sorry to prove you wrong. :embarassed:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21356

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I practically stay on this site. Im on it at home and at work. I come back to my desk every so often and check the new threads. my wife just shakes her head at me when she watches me typing away...:big_smile:.
    I love this site! My wife doesnt know it yet, but as soon as my computer learns how to cook, she's outta here!!! JUST KIDDING! I am in trouble:roll_eyes: :big_smile: .

19. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm on here way to much, but it's to much fun:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:
    Mike

20. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Heck I have to sign on frequently just to keep up with all your posts/threads:tounge_out: ...LMAO