Time Of The Day

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by creek_fisher88, Jun 7, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was just wondering what time of The day you guys usually go cat fishing. is there a certain bait to use at a certain time of day

2. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    I usually catch them in the early morning from 630-800, and i also catch them at night from 1000-1130. There is no specific bait though, theyll eat anything that stinks most of the time, i however favor nightcrawlers and bluegill/shad.

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    late evening around 8:00 with either livers or live bait has produced more fish for me

4. M Welch

M Welch New Member

State:
    Texas
    Through the Summer months I have found that early AM and late PM hours produce quality fishing. But that goes for most of the year when catfishing. When fishing during the day and the sun beats down, I found that dip and punch baits work best. During the late and early hours I prefer to use cut and live baits. Good luck!

-M Welch

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I catfish whenever I get the chance, early morning, mid day, afternoon, evening, night, anytime I can get out there. I've noticed though that certain baits do work better during certain times of the day. Heres my break down:

early morning: chicken livers, cut bait, and live bluegills

late morning/mid day: shrimp (don't know why, but it's about all I have luck with then), and occasionally wheaty balls when I switch over to carp fishing for a while I will sometimes hook some channel cats

afternoon: LIVE BLUEGILLS, occasionally stink bait, wheaty balls

evening: any sort of live bait (bluegills, chubs, shad, minnows, shiners, nightcrawlers), cut bait, livers, heck about anything

night: pretty much the same as evening catfishing

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i've done the best this year so far from 4:00am-11:00am. last week i caught a bunch of channels in the morning on nightcrawlers and minnows. had cut bait (crappie) and chicken liver out also, no hits on them.

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Makes sense to me! Welcome to the B.O.C. M, we are happy to have you aboard!

8. M Welch

M Welch New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thank you sir, it is a pleasure to be a part of the BOC.:big_smile:

-M Welch

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC M.

10. Katfever

Katfever New Member

State:
    nc
    I usually fish all day with limb lines and I have had better luck around 10-11am.

11. lnghr22

lnghr22 New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanx man i tried it too

12. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Early morning late evening. Good luck and welcome.