Time of Day

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Bocan, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Bocan

Bocan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Usually when i go fishing its with cheese bait and mostly durring the day.

Just wondering if people have good luck with their day time baits at night too. shrimp, chicken livers, cut baits, dip baits.. or do you change out from one to another depending on time of day.

have been thinking about going more at night and was looking for a heads up on what to take. :confused2:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I take a variety of bait. From liver to cut bait and an assortment of stink bait. I always fish one pole with stink bait:wink:

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i'll usually bring a few different kinds of bait ,dip bait , liver, cut bait, etc ...i usually fish anywhere from 4-5 am till noon so far the best times have been around 6 am till around 8 am...

4. marcus22

marcus22 New Member

State:
    toledo,ohio
    i fish the river at night and the lake anytime....i think they bite more in river at night is because theres not alot of boats round,and the lake the boats don't come around the shore . this is just me thinking

night--make sure you bring OFF and a candle with you for the skeeter, there bad on there!!!

5. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I always say fishing for cats in the daytime is tough. I always fish after 7:00 pm and I usually bring a variety of spam, dough bait, and maybe some live bait like crawfish. They always hit the crawfish.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Day baits are as good at night it's all in what your wanting to catch. Luck has had it when using liver I have caught one flathead in my times of fishing but the live baits are best for the beast flats in the water.

7. Justyn Catfisherman

Justyn Catfisherman New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I usaully bring around 4-6 baits with me. And i bring 4 rods. I always bring good ol nightwalkers, shrimp, chicken liver, cut bait, and usually around 2 homemade stink baits.

I find that fishing at night is a lot better. I have had people tell me that they are nocturnal and others tell me thats when they feed. I dont know which one is true or if either is true. I just know it is that much better at night so thats when i go.

I dont have as much luck during the day. And i do try to use the same baits. Good luck and go catch some big ol cats.