time for my first flathead catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rasmotherman, Jul 31, 2009.

1. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i may be cheating but i am going to my cousins sportsmans club. yes they stock it. there are some 40# flats in it. not transplanted just been there forever. this may be cheating to some but i just want to see what a flat looks like on the end of MY pole. i am bringing the 33's so i am sure to land them:wink:

2. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Hey good luck Skip, hope you catch a couple.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Rick have some fun!

4. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i plan on getting a bucket of crappie for dinner also. it is gonna be a good time..thanks guys

5. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck Skip! I still haven't gotten one yet. Maybe tomorrow night I'll have the chance again. Hell, I'd settle for a lot less than 40#lol

6. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    You don't appear to live that far away...why not just go to the Ohio and do it right?

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck.

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    wish a luck on catching a flattie

9. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    well here is how the night out went...trip was canceled. so far it looks like maybe this coming weekend. i hope

10. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i have been trying the ohio but nothing. these ponds arent stocked with flats. they have been in there for at least the past 20 years. they are old strip pits and only get stocked with bass, gills and the like. they do have a new pond that are stocked with everything but flats. channel, bass, gills, crappie (who stocks crappie?). they dont want the flats in thee cause they are worried they will eat all the (bait) fish. i guess it isnt nessecarily fair fight cause they are in a smaller area than a lake or river but they arent stolen from our lakes or rivers either. or if they were it was eons ago. if i wanted to go all out cheating i would go plop down my $12 at a pay lake and buy some hot dogs:wink: