"Time for Change"

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by FishKiller83, Jul 15, 2009.

1. FishKiller83

FishKiller83 New Member

State:
    California
    Wow! This is all I have to technically say about all the variations of baits that you can use for Catfish Bait...
    I have virtually tried everything thing that, I can possibly think of to use in bait making. Don't get me wrong, I have great results when I am out on the water, from dough baits, stink baits, worms, hotdogs, Anchovies, Shad, etc....
    To cut things short & make this breif..
    CAN ANYONE OUT THERE SHARE SOME OF THERE BULLET PROOF BAITS, BAIT RECIPES, OR SECRETS WITH ME.
    I am not new to the fishing game, in fact I am on the water 5 out of 7 days a week, fishing is my second life. I am here to say that I would like some insight on some ideas that you my fellow fisherman might have.

2. Bocan

Bocan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just about the time you think you have the "bulletproof" bait. the water temp/barametric pressure/lunar cycle/shad fly hatch/butterfly effect from hong kong, throws everything off and you have to start all over.. best bet is to just show up at the water with 2 - 4 good baits and see what they feel like having for dinner on that particular occasion.
    i have seen several nights that "whats for dinner" has changed when the sun went down or air temp hit a certain temp. I usually take a bucket of cheese bait (the old back up), and some shrimp, liver, or cutbait. throw cheese out on one pole and play spin the wheel for the other just to see what they trigger on.

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to the Boc Phil.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Phil and Scott.

5. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    welcome to the boc

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Where you fishing at here in California? Fishing for channels, Blues or Flatheads? Welcome to the BOC Phil:big_smile:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Check out the members library for lots of bait info.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    my go-to baits are live and cut sunnies or gills:wink: