Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for a new spinning cat rod. I would like it to throw 1-10 oz as it will be for rivers mainly, going for flatheads in illinois and then be used as a lake sturgeon rod in the UP. I think I am going to go with another fierce III liveliner but this time in a 6000. The current rods I have had experience with are the whisker seekers for my baitcasters. I am open to all suggestions, even stuff that is hard to find that i might have to really look around for. I would like this to be a special setup, almost like my jeremy wade setup (haha), so I am willing to spend more money on it. If you guys have a suggestion of a good spinning reel besides what I already said, please feel free to suggest it. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
KY, USA
202 Posts
Okuma Record Chaser https://okumafishingusa.com/products/record-chaser-rods

I see the 11' is still on sale for $50 + shipping. I bought one a few months ago, and believe at this price point it is a great deal. I have not landed anything big; bought it for the ability to cast further than my 9', and this rod delivers. I am usually casting only 2-3 oz, so this may be a bit too light for you.

And I prefer white rod, it seems to provide better visibilty for my old eyes haha..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts