Tim Couch

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by mperry, Jul 6, 2006.

1. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I posted Kentucky in the top 10 on college football and was only joking but do you think Couch will ever play again? I've read somewhere that he had surgery and will not play this year but will probably try a comeback next year. I am a Kentucky fan but not really a fan of their football team. I do think he was a hell of a quarterback and did not really have any protection in Cleveland. Think he can do better elsewhere and with whom?

2. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I don't see him ever starting in the NFL again. After his stint with Cleveland the Packers picked him up as a backup, and soon after released him. He may eventually be a solid backup, but there's a very little chance of him starting again.

3. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Very few QBs that were drafted that high and fail right away ever come back (Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler for example). Maybe their egos are are as brusied as their bodies, I don't know.

As for Couch, I doubt he will ever come back. He may try to catch on during some team's training camp, but I doubt he will ever play.

Just my opinion.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I think Couch is done. There was talk of him going to Dolphins last year, I am glad that never happened. He was good in college, but like many college QB's, they dont make it in the NFL. It is a totally different game.

5. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Tim Couch get all that praise for what he did his senior year and then what he did in the bowl game against Penn State.he never was a NFL qb and never will be

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im a Browns fan, and i can honestly say that Cleveland WASTED there first round pick when they picked Couch...There were much better players that came out of that draft than him, that was a horrible pick..I dont think he will ever come back

7. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    It's easy to look back and say that now, but at the time many people thought Couch was the next big thing.

8. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree. I thought he would do pretty good with the Browns. Maybe just not the right team for him. However I don't think he will come back especially after having surgery. I think he could have at least been a descent backup. He did have his moments with Cleveland even though I did not follow them a lot.

9. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Couch is better off watching football on the COUCH!!!