Tilt/trim for 1965 starcraft

Discussion in 'Boating' started by TDawgNOk, Feb 19, 2007.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I am looking for tilt/trim for a 1965 starcraft that has a 55 hp motor on it.

I've looked at the cmc pt-130 and would like to know if anyone has one they would be willing to part with, or another unit that would work???

2. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Tony,I am ordering one for my boat. A friend said for most older boats cmc was about the only way to go. He said the worked good. You may need to change your steering cable because the T/T sets the engine back about 6inches. Also if your motor is clamp on you will need to buy a special bracket. It will cost me about 580+70+25+45=700. It will be worth it.I hate doing all that lifting every time I get into shallow water. Allen

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    tony check out ebay search under boat parts thy got everything:smile2: my kid has an 18 ft. 1961 starcraft cuddy cabin, them older starcrafts are really neat:cool2:

4. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Joe's is 16.5 ft, and we call it the ghetto boat. It ain't much to look at. But it floats and it works. Gonna try and overhaul it this spring. New transom, new floor, replace the console and the seats. May even try and fiberglass in a livewell.

But, for some of the area's I'm wanting to fish, I need tilt/trim to be able to get the motor up quick so we can coast through.

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Tdawg call Mikes Marine it is a used boat salvage yard located just south of Sallisaw Ok. I don't have the number but you can check information and get it. He has a lot of stuff 1/2 price or less of a new one.

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks Sam.

Heck, maybe he'll swap my busted 70 hp chrysler for one

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Tony, don't forget an extra prop for those special areas your wanting to sneak through with Tilt and Trim. You'll probably need one or you can be up the creek without the paddle pretty darn fast. Happy paddling.