tilt and trim making funny noise

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by daniel-delarosa, Nov 2, 2009.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I have a 2006 Yamaha 2-stroke. I was going to trim it down and wrap it up for the winter. When I pushed the button to raise it up to take off the transom saver, it was struggling to raise the motor, it was barely moving up. I used my hands to help it get up enough to get the transom saver off. When I tried to go down, it wouldn't move at first. I released and re-pushed the button a few times, then I went down like normal. Tried to come back up and it struggled again. Im assuming it works like a hydraulic cylinder on a tractor, if so, what do you fill it with? And where do you fill it?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Check the control button first and make sure the battery has plenty of juice.

3. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    The battery is fully charged. I tried the switch on the motor I didn't think to try the one on the throttle handle.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Maybe the trim motor, mine did the same thing, and it was the trim motor.

5. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i was gonna say maybe the solenoid but that problably work or not.

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You fill it with either hydrolic fluid or dextron 3. Both are exceptable fluids.

You must raise the motor all the way up, and put the lock on. To raise it, release the manual release you'll find on the side of the mounting bracket.

You'll need a large common screw driver for the release. After you get the motor up, don't forget to close down the release screw.

You'll find the resevior under there and the fill cap.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009