Tillery4/5/06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Apr 5, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i fished tillery this morning until 1.30. caught 6 blues. biggest 28lbs. there was no current today. bait was easy to get in the cove. caught all fish on cut shad. i must of had a school of fish come threw the area because 4 of the 6 came one after another. pretty fast action. i moved to mountain creek area and drifted to pick one up and then moved down to the 73 bridge area to get the other. the action was pretty good to not have any current.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Fished this morning also, caught 3 blues from 7 to 12 lbs. Good to be out on the lake. I have had better days but also a lot worse. May try it again tommorrow. I heard a big splash back behind me and looked and seen a guy landing a 28 pounder that had my name on it.......lol.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    heres the picture of the 28lber. you cant say hes small because i turned him loose and you could catch him on a bad day that would make him a big one...lol.:p

Attached Files:

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Nice catch this morning Michael. :)

5. bmastiff

bmastiff New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    sounds like a good day, can't wait till i can get out there

6. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Michael,
    What tactic do you most recommed for getting bait in coves? Finding them dimple the surface or sonar? Seem to have trouble locating them in big water like that. Thanks

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I was planning on coming up to Tillery today BUT, checking out my trailer I discovered the tires were wearing real bad , 1/3 of the tread, on the inside, almost bald ,both of them. Almost as tho they are both toed-out. Anybody ever had this happen??

8. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Maybe have too much air pressure in them. Have seen truck tires wear out like that before. Draw a chalk line across the width of the tire tread and drive a short distance with it. If the complete chalk line shows, the tire has the right pressure. If the middle of the line shows, you have too much air in it. If the 2 outsides of the chalk show, you don't have enough. Hope this helps.

9. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    The outside and middle of the tread look new. All the wear is on the inside. But I will try the chauk thingy. Thanks. Appreciate the come-back. Tires only have about 4000 miles.

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nccatter sounds like you may be tring to get bait after first light. you got to get out there before first light. now im no saying you cannot catch them after first light but i do think it is easier. they seem to hang close to the top at night maybe to feed. sometimes i can see them in big balls on the depth finder below ten ft but from what i been told you need a 8-10ft cast net to catch them. ive got one but i havent had to use it yet to catch bait. there are some days that the more i throw mine the less bait i seem to get...lol. i have found them at night with a spotlight just shining it on the water until i see them. its hard to for me mark them on the depth finder when there on the top or above 5ft.

dwreel sounds like to me maybe a bent axle. i hope im wrong. another thing is maybe your boat is too heavy for a single axle. i know mine is. i got a single axle trailer so i could get in my garage at first. but now i look back at the boat coming down the road and i see the sidewalls of my tires reely flexing.