Tillery - Thurs. 4/13

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post. Being fairly new to catfishing, I haven't had much to report yet. I work with CMJ, and have been trying to learn from him. Anyway... caught 8 cats today. A couple small channels, and 6 blues from 5 to 10 lbs. Also caught 30-40 (lost count) white perch, and one yellow perch. That was a cool looking fish. That's it for now.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey John, sounds like you had a good day. It beats working on your day off......lol. Those white perch can keep you busy while your waiting on the big blue. Did you have any trouble getting shad. How about current, did you have any? Glad you had a good day. see ya Jeff

3. kcforejc

kcforejc New Member

State:
    NC
    I should just copy jfwillia1998's post from yesterday. I went out today (Friday) with a college buddy of mine and we caught 8 blues ranging from 5-15lbs. Great day of fishing except I had some engine problems, my 25 horses couldn't get me more than 5 mph. I have to get that checked out. But I will take the putt-putt speed, and catch some fish rather than get to the spot fast and not catch a thing. :)

4. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey Jeff,

Bait was fairly easy once there was a little bit of light. They wouldn't come to the surface while it was still dark. Is that usual? There didn't seem to be much (if any) current from them drawing water, though there was some movement. I'm not sure if was from what wind was there of from that creek that comes in.

Kevin - is that you from Technimark? Either way, sounds like you all had a fun time. Sucks about the engine. See y'all.

5. kcforejc

kcforejc New Member

State:
    NC
    jfwillia1998, yep its me, kevin :p, back on Tillery today but I was bassfishing. Caught 2 keepers.

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Kevin, Why are you going after those little bass.............lol. Was you trying to catch some bait................lol. Sounds like you had a good day with the cats yesterday. Did your boat do any better today ? I know a guy who can fix it, I'll see you at work.