Tillery Report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    With all the rain we've had the lakes are full and the current is ripping. I was using 4-6oz of weight this morning. For blues I got a 20, 4-25's, a 30 and a 44lber. Also caught abunch of channels. Using shad and whiteperch. We need to have current running like that all winter. Couldn't of asked for a nicer day. no wind until 1pm and didn't see another boat until noon.

2. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    Is there shoreline fishing available? If so, is it productive all year? Thanks!

3. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    Glad to see that you've had great sucess:big_smile: Congrats!

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Theres no shoreline acess. On Tillery I haven't seen any shoreline acess. The only good way to fish Tillery is with a boat. Sometimes you have to cover alot of water.

5. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    That beats the luck I've had there recently with 10 bats!! Congratulations!!
    Now I have on occasion managed to fish from shore near 3 of the ramps and Morrow Mountain State Park. Albeit , I did rent a boat in August and managed to land several baby channels. Needless to say , over 2 years later , my running total of fish from Tillery is about 13 , LOL!!