Tillery Report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Mar 23, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Fished this morning caught 11 blues, 1 channel, 1 white. The blues were from 3 to 24 lbs. Caught the fish in 26 to 27 ft. of water. The water temp was in the low 50's. Had a good current most of the morning.

2. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    At least you caught some in the double digits..lol. What area were you fishing? We are hoping to go Tuesday morning if all works out. Hopefully it will get better in the next week or so...lol. We have been fishing in more shallow water. Maybe we need try on down river next week..lol.

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thanks for the report,JMC. Good to hear Tillery is turning on. Can I assume you were fishing above the 24 bridge ? One more question if you don't mind. Is the bait still around/near Swift Island ?

4. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Way to go Jeff, Sounds like you had a great time. When did the fish start hitting the bait?

Mark

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, I was fishing up river not too far from the mouth of the uwharrie and the dam. I started fishing at about 7:00 and had caught 3 by 7:15. But it wasn't that fast all morning.They would bite good a while and slack off a while. I didn't mark much down river in the deeper water. The bait was a little harder to get today. I still found it at the little bridge but not as much. I caught some of the fish on white perch that I was catching on a hopkins shorty. Good luck

6. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thanks, Jeff. The info is always appreciated.