Tillery report Jan 15th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well the fishing was slow this morning. i only got 3 blues. A 5lber,25lber and a 35lber. It was nice for a while then the southern winds started blowing like hell. Catfishrus and CMJ were also fishing up river, don't know how they did. Hopefully they did better then me. See-ya.

2. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    planning on going in the morning, how was getting bait?

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Robert, for a guy that is suppose to be in rehab. getting over a heart attack, you sure are doing some heavy lifting on Tillery and Badin. What's the chance of you hauling some of them hogs over to Lake Norman so I can enjoy another big fish. Mac

4. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey mac, whats the biggest blue you have caught in lake Norman? I got a 30lb last month in mt creek.

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Michael, my biggest cat to date was a 48.5 pound flathead caught in March 2006 on fresh cut gizzard shad. Plenty of 30 to 42 pound blues over the last 3 years.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Bait should be easy in the cove by Swift Island boat ramp. It seems the colder the nights, the better they get in there.

7. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds like a good day of fishing