Tillery Report Jan 03

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Went up to Tillery again this morning. It was overcast and nice until the rain started. I only got one blue this morning he weighted out at 42lbs. Also caught several channels. Later I went down river and spotted abunch of birds hitting the water. I went over there and found fish were bringing shad to the surface. I started throwing rubber minnows. I got 4 stripers 5-8lbs and about 12 big white perch. Alot of fun on a spinning outfit. The water temp went up from 44* last to 48* today. I think thats way the stripers were hitting. See-ya.

2. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good fishing! I need to get over that way sometime to try it out! Being over on the coast leaves something sometimes. I haven't caught a white bass in 6 years, and never caught a striper...I'm deprived, what can I say! Hopefully this year will yield something different though...I've never got a chance to hit any of the lakes in this state yet. I know there's some great catfishing to be had, but I know a couple hold fish that I'm used to from growing up in Iowa, like pike and walleyes!