Tillery Report Feb 02

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Went down to Tillery this morning. I was mostly fishing way up river, marker 13. They several floodgates open. I only got two blues this morning. One was at 25lbs and theother was at 30lbs. Also caught afew channels. It was pretty nice morning, nobody else was out there. I had a feeling there were bigger fish out there just couldn't find them.

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    A few days ago, I believe CMJ said they were going to draw Tillery down 5 ft. this week end. For how long, I'm not sure. If they bring it back up in a week, would the fishing be off or would it help?? Just curious. I don't have a clue either way. :wub:

3. weasel

weasel New Member

State:
    NC
    I saw you Tomahawk. I was in the pontoon you went by. I couldn't see your face for all the clothes you had on, lol. I had on all the clothes I could find myself.

4. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How are the water conditions? I did not make it to the lake this past weekend. With all the water coming through the lakes, I was wondering if the water has cleared up or if it's still muddy. If it's still muddy, are you doing any thing different to catch fish? It's supposed to be cold this weekend, but I need to get out of the house and go fishing.

See you on the lake

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    mpayne i dont know about tillery but i fished badin this morning. the bite was slow at best. the water at badin is still stained. you may wont to check on the water levels at tillery before you plan a trip. i think cmj said they where goining to lower the lake 5ft or so for something. he posted a number to call somewhere on here.

6. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    The phone # that CMJ posted to check Tillery lake level is 1-800-899-4435.

7. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
  8. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Well, I went on line and tried to read the files, but they are in CSV format which my puter doesn't recognise. Thanks for the actual numbers tho.

9. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the information. I was just looked at the weather report for Sat. & Sun and it looks like the forecast is getting worse. I would have thought with the mild January we had that the days would have at least stayed about the same or have gotten a little warmer. I do not have any protection on my boat
    and the high 20's is about all I can handle early in the morning. They now are saying the high will only be in the very low 40s at best with mixed perception. Last weekend I changed the oil in my outboard and put in a new
    set up plugs. Maybe this weekend it's time to clean my reels and load up some new line. What pound test line are folks using on Badin and Tillery? Do you use a higher pound test leader or main line when fishing for the big cats?

10. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    When I am catfishing here in the Cape Fear, there is always a chance to catch state record fish, so I dont want to have my line snap. I go with a 50# main line and a 80# leader. Play your drag right and you cant go wrong.

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    mpayne i know your feeling on the weather but i think this cold snap could help the blues fishing. if you look there arent many good report coming in when the warm spell hit. most of the good fishing was when the temps where colder. i use 30lb main line and 80lb braided leader. snags arent that bad at tillery or badin. those little hot hands help alot. i think tomahawks got a little heater in his boat also. a good rain suit will cut the wind for the most part when traveling. just layer up under that so when temps do warm. the cold isnt that bad when the fish are biting.:)

12. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    Hey buf? please fill out yer profile. and thanks for doing it if ya already did

13. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    today the lake is 273' or down 5' from full pond.