Tillery Report Dec 14

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    MAn was it foggy this morning. Couldn't see much of anything. I finally made it up river and anchoered out. I caught 7 channels and two blues. The first blue was at 35lbs. Didn't get any pictures of him. The second blue was big one. When i set the hook on him he really took off. It took about 25min to get him in. He weighted out at 65lbs. Thats the biggest blue I've caught from Tillery. Man what a fish. I forgot how hard they are bringing over the side of the boat by yourself. I knew someone was going to catch a big from Tillery it was just a matter of time. If you go out there, watch out there's alot logs floating down river. Water temp was at 48*. Great morning on the water. See-ya.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I fished Tillery today too, kind of hate give my report after Tomahawks. Nice fish, the biggest I've seen out of Tillery. I hope I see another one like that but on the end of my line.......:big_smile: I ended up with 8 blues from 8 to 23 lbs. , 1 channel and 1 white. That fog was tough, it was after 12 noon before I saw the sun. Congrats on the big one Tomahawk.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i knew i followed the wrong boat today.:sad2: i got 4 blues and 5 channels and 2 whites but i had to stay longer to get mine. thanks for the bait jeff. i knew tomahawk caught something good today when i got that note off my truck. congrates on the blue tomahawk!

4. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Robert, congrats on the big fish! You seem to have a talent for finding those big blues. Eric

5. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice reports guys. Nice fish Tomahawk

6. Cutter

Cutter New Member

State:
    Hickory, NC
    Congrats guys! Looks like you all had a good day. :big_smile:

7. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good to see the big ones are biting at Tillery. Robert, don't over do it trying to boat those big ones. Don't want you to spend any more time in the hospital.

8. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like the bigguns are bitting down there, I need to get to know Tillery better. I might go mon or wed and give it a try. Gongrats all of you for your catches and Tomahawk WOW! Is that the lake record for Blue cat?

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    catrod thats a good question on the lake record. i remember a few years ago a young boy caught a big blue off a pier at tillery with a piece of hotdog but i cannot remeber the weight to save my life. i remember seeing the picture at bps in charlotte. i know it was in the 60-70lbs range. man im getting old....lol. anyone else remember this?

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    heres picture of tomahawks 65lber. hope you didnt mind me posting the picture robert.

Attached Files:

11. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I heard of a 73 pounder caught by someone fishing from a pier a few years back but can't confirm it.

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i think thats the one im trying to remember jeff.

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went back today and caught a few fish but nothing over 15lbs.

14. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What did you catch that 65lb on? was you anchored on bottom or drifting? We fished lake Norman today and caught 2 small fish drifting with cut gizzard shad. Was a slow day.