Tillery, May 12

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, May 12, 2006.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hello all,

Went to Tillery this morning. Only caught 2 shad at the small bridge, then tore my net a little later. I caught around 3 dozen white perch on a spoon while waiting for cats to bite, and used some of them for bait. Caught 10 blues. The biggest was 14 lbs. (a personal best, I know it's not that big for some of you guys, but it's a step towards the monsters). Had three 10 lbs., an 8, and down from there. Have a good one.

John

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    john looks like you are a fast learner there. hang in there you will get a bigger one real soon. its not what you catch alot times its what you are fishing for that counts. big ones. great catch

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice catch John, Its rough having to go and catch all of those fish by yourself ain't it.........lol. I bet you will have another new personal best soon.see ya Jeff

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    For how many blues you guys are getting down there, those bigger ones have to be somewhere. They may be feeding at night on the shallows. For how good we did this past winter,the bigger ones just can't dissappear. Theres too many big blues on that lake not to be catching them.

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I agree Tomahawk, Mpayne and I are going to try and find them in the morning. They are there somewhere. see ya

Hey JD, How did the santee trip go ?

6. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Went to Tillery this morning. Didn't get on water until 8:30. I can only throw shad net couple times as result on shad. Had some frozen. Caught i 2 lb Blue and couple very small channels. Couple more bits nothing serious. Got to brim fishing. Caught about 15 red breast and blue gills. They are the best eating. When wind got up about 1:30 we came on to house I was getting tired anyway.
    I am going to find the blues yet. Maybe I can fish Tillery & Badin more from now on.
    John Glad to see you did better.
    It was a great day on water with my youngest son.

7. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Thanks everyone. I love that getting better at fishing means that you have to go fishing more.