Tillery, 9-21-06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Sep 21, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Thought I would hit it one more time before the lake levels drop. It was a slow morning . I got 2 blues, 2 channels and 1 flathead. They were all caught in the first hour. Nothing big , all 5 lbs or less. I was anchored in 35 ft. to start with and then drifted for a while with no luck. I was marking several fish but not much action. I think the cold front may have slowed them down. The water temp was at 77 and there was no current but plenty of north wind.

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    CMJ what happens to fishing when they draw the lakes down. Does it get worse or better. Sure wish I had time to go. Maybe I can get up for few days in October.

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Well, You could probably still catch fish, The problem is, the're suppose to drop it 10 ft this time according to the sign posted by progress energy at the boat ramp. Swift Island ramp will be out of the question if it drops that much. I 'm not sure about the other ramps. The studies are suppose to be over by oct 6 , but it may take a while to fill back up if we don't get much rain.

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Now that is important information to me. I would sure hate to drive yhr 80 miles up there and not be able to launch the boat. Are they just drawing down Tillery or will Badin be down also.
    Thanks for help

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

It will be Tillery and Blewett Falls, Badin should stay full.

6. odominioncatter

odominioncatter Member

State:
    Elkin, NC
    Anyone have any updates on the Tillery level. Looks like they have not started dropping it yet? Just wondering.

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

As of 4:00 am this morning it was only 1.6 ft low (according to progress energy), the number to call is 1-800-899-4435.

8. odominioncatter

odominioncatter Member

State:
    Elkin, NC
    Thanks CMJ. Looks like they really started dropping her today. I'd like to scout it a little once it gets really low for some good spring time spots for kitties. Putting the jon boat in may be difficult though!

9. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Go to the progress energy website. www.progress-enrgy.com. Search the website for lake levels. It gives hourly levels.