Tillery, 5-4-06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, May 4, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Me and a friend went today, caught 7 blues and 1 white. The blues were all in the 7 to 12 pound range. Had a current until about 10:15 am. The water temp was 67. Water color was good. There was no bait in the boat ramp cove ( swift island ). Picked up enough here and there to be able to fish. Beware of the big bass tournament this saturday. Already a lot of traffic on the lake.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey jeff thats the way it goes when you take a picture taker fishing with you....lol. at least you got some action. them bigger fish must still have the sore mouth from the last time you went. thanks for the report.

3. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

hey CMJ.

THIS IS ALAN IN ROCKINGHAM .. DO YOU GUYS EVER HAVE ANY TOURNAMENTS ON TILLERY? OR DO I NEED TO CHECK WITH THE BAIT SHOPS ON THE LAKE.. NIGHT TIME TOURNAMENTS.. ANY INFO ON THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.. JUST A THOUGHT ..WHAT IF A BUNCH OF US GUYS THAT ARE NEAR TILLERY TRY TO GET UP A TOURNAMENT BETWEEN US.. WHAT YOU THINK.. NOTHING LIKE FRIENDLY COMPETITION..

GOOD LUCK FISHING ALAN ON THE OVERLOOKED PEE DEE RIVER

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey pee dee there was one earlier this year in the day time. turned out to be the worst day for fishing i guess because big fish was only 9.55lbs and the winners had 30lbs for five fish. count me in for boc tournament at tillery or badin. what a great place to meet everyone at the lake!!!!

5. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I wouldn't mind fishing a tournament on any of the lakes down that way. High Rock, Badin, or Tillery would be a good place to have one and that way we could meet members from around the state. I don't have a partner at the moment, but I'm sure I could find one. Maybe we could put something together and have one along with a gathering of BOC members. Sounds like it would be a good thing.

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I wouldn't mind a tournament between a few of us from the boc as long as Michael would spot us a few pounds...........lol.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thats a good one jeff. i really wasnt worried about me winning.....lol. hey thats what tournaments are all about to me right there. joking and having fun. you was joking wasnt you.

8. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I second that CMJ. I've seen what Catfishrus and his dad catch. It would probably be the only "fair" thing to do. No body else would have a chance. Hey, wait a minute. I've seen what you catch in Tillery CMJ. Both of you would have to spot everyone a couple of pounds! But it would br fun.

9. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, I was just joking Michael, you don't have to spot us any pounds just use 6 pound test line........lol. On the serious side, I do think it would be fun. We should try it sometime and see how it goes. Just make it on a day or night that I am not working.

10. Eviserator

Eviserator New Member

State:
    Lumberton N.C.
    I live a couple of hours away from Badin,but I wouldn't mind goin to fish it..meet some people from the boc..

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    alright pee dee river rat im ready. i never use anything bigger than 6lb test anyway. im already at a disadvantage with my dad(the first mate). he goes to sleep when the sun goes down so ill be fishing by myself. there's got to be some other folks that want to get in so speak up. lets set some rules other than mine and a date and time. how many fish? i sure hope yal honest....lol. i might even buy a trophy for the boc tournament. lets get it going before they hit the beds.

12. Eviserator

Eviserator New Member

State:
    Lumberton N.C.
    Yall get something together ...me my son and friends would like to join in..have a good one...

13. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, I am off work next weekend and every other week end after that. I figure people will need two or three weeks notice. Someone come up with a date and lets go from there.

14. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

hey cmj..

hope you dont mind spotting us a couple pounds or either giving us some big cat locations.. have never fished tillery but would love to meet some of you guys out here .. and have a some fun fishing ..

15. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

hey cmj..

since you fish tillery every day almost you only get to fish i hour.. is this ok. or is it legal to fish within 50 feet of another boat..if so i am going to be fishing right under cmj.. just joking ..is it legal to fish with red worms or chicken gizzards..hey before the tournament you guys that fish tillery or where ever we fish have got to give us some pointers ..what you think..

16. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey pee dee i have caught fish from the bridge to the dam. cannot go wrong if you fish that area. what do yal think about may the 27th. start 7.00 p.m. until dark?....lol. i really like the 20th for some reason....lol.

17. CMJ

CMJ Guest

The most important rule to remember is........ from the bridge up to the dam is my area, everyone else can have the rest of the lake..........lol. Also, no Lund Boats aloud.............lol, anything else goes.