Tillery, 4-28 North Carolina

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Apr 28, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Fished this morning until about 11:30 am. Caught 11 blues, 4 channels, and 1 white. The blues ranged from 3 to 19 lbs. There was a good current. Also a lot of trash and logs . The water was muddy in the main channel up river. The bait was hard to come by . Caught a few at the little bridge at swift island boat ramp.

2. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jeff, I sure do wish I could go fishing as often as you do. I have a wife and two daughters so it's off to work I go. I did get a suprise last night when one
    of my daughers asked me to take her fishing on Sunday. Looking forward
    to spending some quality time in the boat with her. Have a good weekend

Mark

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Mark, I hope you and your daughter catch some. I do get to fish a lot having days off during the week. I guess I am hooked on it. Good luck

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the catch jeff. i think all them logs and trash must get wash down the uwharrie river because badin dont seem to be as bad as tillery for logs. ever time i fish with my dad down there i have to tell him slow down going up river. i also noticed they will stack up in the little bends in the river channel above the 73 bridge at times. makes it tuff to see them when the wind in blowing also. just got to be careful.

5. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey Jeff,

Sounds like a good day. I know for a fact it beat being in the plant all day. Sorry I didn't reply to your post on the other thread, but you know by now already that the bait was hard to come by at the little bridge. I ended up going all the way to the steel bridge. Later, buddy.

6. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Jeff, I hate to report we got skunked. We saw folks around us catching fish, but we had a lot of small bites, but nothing worth trying to catch. We had some nice bluegills that we were using live and as cut bait. They were
    releasing water so we should have done better. Anyway, it was a good day on the lake with her and she wants to come back and give it another try.
    She did manage to put the largest birdnest in one of my 6500's that I have ever seen. After 30 min. I just cut the line and put on another rig.

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Mark, Tell your daughter when she gets more experienced like me, she will still throw birds nest, back lashes..........lol. I still throw my share. Was the water muddy ? I hope to go again Thursday.