Tillery, 4-15-06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Jun 15, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Fished this morning , only caught 2 blues and 2 channels and several white perch for bait. The biggest blue was 22 lbs. I was hoping for a good current after all of the rain but not this morning. I was achored in 26 ft of water on the upper end of the lake early in the morning. Thats where I caught the fish. Tried drifting later in the morning back down the lake in 30 to 35 ft. of water with no luck. I did mark several fish though. No shad around the boatramp area. Its a good thing white perch are a dime a dozen.......lol. I heard at the boat ramp that they have been moving water in the afternoon lately. Can anyone confirm that? Water temp was in the mid 70's.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    jeff i heard the buzzer going on when i got to the dam at badin this morning but i got bait really fast this morning and didnt get to see how much water they was letting threw at badin. of coarse they could run badin and not tillery to some extent i guess.

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I guess yall figured out my date was wrong.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey what are putting them old post up here for?.....lol i was only off 1-2 days on mine a while back but man your off a couple months and i was ahead of time with mine and i got to fish the same day twice in one week:big_smile:

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey jeff might have the answer to your question on the water at tillery. i took my son down to falls this morning. there was some guys working on the dam going into tillery. maybe they got the wheels turned off while they are working in the daytime and like you said running water in the evenings at tillery? i know they was beating and banging on the flood gates with something. my son got 8-10 blues and i got 1 when he wasnt looking...lol. nothing big.

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Michael, It would be nice to go back to January and start over catching those big fish again. :big_smile: