Tillery 2/25 tour report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Feb 25, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i fished a 10 boat tournament today on tillery. i saw alot of fish in areas that have producce fish for me and others on here but they just would not bite. we won 2nd place with a five fish limit of 24.55lbs. big fish of the tour. was 9 something by the winning team with a limit of fish weighing 30lbs. so not the best day of fishing by far at tillery today. i started not to keep the fish i caught because i just knew something good was going to come out of there. im glad i did it put 250.00 bucks in the pocket. hey this was a great day for me anyway. i fished all my life with my dad and we never have fished a tour together until today and we came home second. thats a first place finish for me. i couldnt see any water moving at all. maybe thats why the fish didnt bite so good. by the way i caught 4 of the 5 fish we had so the preasure is still on pop....lol

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Way to go in the tournament. I was going to fish it, but I had other stuff to do today. I'm going out of town for a week tomorrow with work, so I had some things to take care of around the house. I'm going to try to post a pic. of the 40 lb. fish from last Thurs. He was gut hooked and bleeding badly is the only reason I kept him.. I tried to release him, but he wouldn't swim off, so I just brought him home. later!!

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Way to go on the second place finish! I was planning on getting up there but...oh, who am I kidding I'll be lucky if I get over there at all...lol :p Yeah, from all the reports I've seen you guys posting here, that was a bit of an off day. I caught one little channel today fishing with the family, around 2lbs. So you did a ton better than me!

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Way to go,Michael. Great that your dad was with you. Can I assume your useing cut-bait?

5. Riverdog

Riverdog New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Would Tillery or Badin be best for someone that never fished either one?

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ya dwreel i even throwed my cell phone at them. now they can communicate long distance

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    riverdog i think tillery would be the best because of the number of fish but badin holds some monster blues that are hard to locate. falls dam would be good to learn from also.its between tillery and badin. small but has a lot of fish for the area.

8. crlail41

crlail41 New Member

State:
    Hickory NC
    My son and I plan to fish Badin this weekend. Putting in at Old Whitney. Any suggestions where to go for bait? We would like to use fresh shad, but will use what we can get. Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    crlail41 you will just have to look around from old whitney up to the railroad bridge. i caught bait on the rt hand side of the rr bridge last week before light. you may want to look in garr creek also. there is plenty of bait in badin thats for sure. watch your depth finder and if you hit them right it will turn it black all over but if they are on the top as last week i saw them with a spotlight. if you can throw a cast net, you got it made. if you get there after light watch the birds you will find them. good luck i might see you there. black/silver boat.

10. crlail41

crlail41 New Member

State:
    Hickory NC
    Thanks Mike We will be in a red Ranger boat behind a white 4 wd Chev Pickup. Plus a Yota to pull that Chev out..

Hope to see ya there. Give us a shout.

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i got a old ford that will pull both of them out......lol